Westworld scoring competition

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Guys, just a heads-up regarding this competition for scoring a scene of Westworld, partnership with Spitfire audio.

Details here :

I know you like competition and this is a very good opportunity to get out of your comfort zones. So let's go!

If you 're at all curious, this is my take on it...

I might still make some changes before definitively submitting.

Last edited:

YannFer

Thanks. I have a lot of fun making beats. I have a lot of fun composing and playing guitar but recording it is a nightmare. It's the first time I score for a video and I must seriously say I seldom had this much fun making music.
You all should give it a try. (If your cpu allows it of course).

Last edited:
Thanks. I have a lot of fun making beats. I have a lot of fun composing and playing guitar but recording it is a nightmare. It's the first time I score for a video and I must seriously say I seldom had this much fun making music.
You all should give it a try. (If your cpu allows it off course).

I started playing with it and it's so cool :D I will definitely give it a try because my PC seems to be handling this for now but I worry about the quality of sounds I may use to do it. But hey, Hans Zimmer once said that nowadays you can create a soundtrack for blockbuster using an iPad so there are some chances hahahha :D

YannFer

Really nice work, i mean like FO REAL, very nice. Id recommend to intensifiy your track when he gets out at the roof and starts shooting. For me it sounded like the tension was still building up while that dude is in combat mode. You know something that gets your adrenaline on a new high. :D Nonetheless, you got some talent for this, mayne.
Thank you dude.
Your piece of advice is appreciated and duly noted ! I already had the idea to add orchestral percussions when she gives him the gun. To give it a military feel or something... because I have only used those drum machines beats as percussive elements... so it could contrast a bit and as you said, give an extra adrenaline shot...
On the other hand I'm really afraid to put too much stuff in there. It's a competition so you want your score to stand out, but also it's film scoring so you don't want the music to get over the movie itself... I'll give it a try tomorrow anyway and maybe post an update here if it works.

Guys, just a heads-up regarding this competition for scoring a scene of Westworld, partnership with Spitfire audio.

Details here :

I know you like competition and this is a very good opportunity to get out of your comfort zones. So let's go!

If you 're at all curious, this is my take on it...

I might still make some changes before definitively submitting.

Thanks A lot for sharing. I won't watch your submission now because I don't wanna be inspired by you, you know? let's submit our own vibes!
Finally somewhere I can show off my orchestral bs :D

YannFer

Ok I updated the URL in my first post with some minor changes. I couldn't do what I said properly so I slightly modified but nothing major. I think this is the definitive thing now.

Last edited: