What DAW(s) do you use?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
No experience with Logic Pro.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Man I have used all of them over the years and they all have pluses and minuses. I love Logic, but I prefer cross-platform apps.

Reason has been my baby forever and continues to be. Cubase has probably the most in depth midi editor, but it's probable overkill for hip hop. Studio One from PreSonus is a fantastic DAW and is the one to beat at the moment. And of course Live is just so much fun. Reaper wins on value and flexibility.

Really the best thing to do is to find the DAW that works with your brain and learn it inside and out. They all can get the job done.

Last edited:

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Hip-Hop - Maschine

EDM and other genres - FL Studio

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Reason: Fast writing and skeletons
Reaper: music to picture and post-production
Pro Tools: Industry standard format
Logic: post-production

Slowly phasing out Logic as I'm becoming a huge Reaper head

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's cool that they're going to Mac because it really is a great piece of software. It has everything I need in it and the interface is clean.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Dude its right around the corner

Are you sure? I spoke with them less than a month ago and they told me they had no plans. One of the head reps was assisting with with mapping out a complete studio centered around Sonar until he realize it was to be run on a mac. He apologized and sad at the moment, they had no plans on supporting OSX.. This was about a month ago

Last edited:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@EsquireMusic111 how is it compared to all other DAWs? I'm thinking of Ableton.

members online