Sticky What is "Beat It Up!"?

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
beatitup.jpg

What Is This?

We all need exposure, so why not make mixes with your beats and also make it a battle?

The idea is to make regular mixes that have beats from IllMuzik members, so as to give you all exposure, then all members can vote for the best beat.

What Do I Upload?

You just upload your MP3 beats like other battles. I will be making the mixes.

The rundown:
  • You can upload up to 3 beats.
  • Only 1 best beat of the 3 beats will be chosen.
  • Beats that are not chosen will be kept for future battles.
  • Every time your beat is used, a slot opens up out of 3.
  • Your beat must be in MP3 format.
  • Your beat must not be longer than 2 minutes.
  • Your beat must not be bigger than 8 MB.
What Type Of Beat Can I Upload?

Any style of Hip Hop beat. It must be an instrumental. This could change if there's a theme specified.

How Is This A Battle?

The idea right now is to put up a mix of 3 beats. I will then create a thread and a poll where everyone can vote for the best beat. The winner gets points and recognition like the other battles that we have.

How Are The Contestants Chosen?

I will choose 3 contestants at random to face each other.

How Does The Voting Work?

These battles will each have their own thread and a poll where all members can vote. The poll results will be revealed once the poll closes. For now, voting for each battle will be open for about 2 days.

What Does The Winner Get?

Like our other battles, a title under your name plus battle points. And lots of exposure!

What About Copyright?

What I propose is that if your beat contains samples, make sure it's not obvious! If it is, I'll contact you about it. If you have samples, try to layer them, add effects, etc. so it masks the samples and make it next to impossible identify.

If you don't have samples in your beats then there shouldn't be any issues.

If one of the beats gets flagged for copyright then I would have to take down the entire mix and replace that beat with another one.

So please try to work with me on this.

What I Need From You

I need you all to help promote these battles as much as possible on social media. This benefits all of us.

If you have questions, ask away.

Last edited:

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
sounds good, but most of my beats are automatically published on my publishing software with BMI..I will make sure that they clear...
I think that's okay for me but it will tell me that I can't profit off of any ads. I think it would be great with Youtube but there's little things like this that can make it an issue.

Memento Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 142
@Fade So to clarify, what kind of videos do you expect us to upload? Does it have to be an actual video or music video in which there's only beat and for example graphic? Sorry for taking you time but I just want to know. :)

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 22

What Is This?

Here's the deal: YouTube is a huge platform and we all need exposure, so why not make videos with your beats and also make it a battle?

The idea is to make regular videos that have beats from IllMuzik members, so as to give you all exposure, then all members can vote for the best beat.

How Does It Work?

Right now the idea is to do weekly cycles of videos.

The rundown:
  • You can upload up to 3 beats each cycle.
  • Only 1 best beat of the 3 beats will be chosen.
  • The other beats will be deleted.
  • If your beat is not used for a cycle, it will be carried over to the next one.
  • Your beat must be in MP3 format.
  • Your beat must not be longer than 2 minutes.
  • Your beat must not be bigger than 8 MB.
What Type Of Beat Can I Upload?

Any style of Hip Hop beat. It must be an instrumental. This could change if there's a theme specified.

How Is This A Battle?

The idea right now is to put up a video of 3 beats. I will then create a thread and a poll where everyone can vote for the best beat. The winner gets points and recognition like the other battles that we have.

How Are The Contestants Chosen?

I will choose 3 contestants at random to face each other.

How Does The Voting Work?

These battles will each have their own thread and a poll where all members can vote. The poll results will be revealed once the poll closes. For now, voting for each battle will be open for about 2 days.

What Does The Winner Get?

Like our other battles, a title under your name plus battle points. And lots of exposure!

What About Copyright?

This is the tricky part of all of this. I though of doing these videos a while back and even had a few members mention it to me but I wasn't sure because of YouTube's strict policies about copyright. I then forgot about it for a while but then @ArvinArmani reminded me so it got me thinking again.

If you don't know, YouTube has "content ID" and other tools that help them identify copyright infringement.

So what I propose is that if your beat contains samples, make sure it's not obvious! If it is, I'll contact you about it. If you have samples, try to layer them, add effects, etc. so it masks the samples and make it next to impossible for YouTube to snitch on it.

If you don't have samples in your beats then there shouldn't be any issues.

The problem is that if the videos I put up get hit with copyright complaints then it's a strike against the IllMuzik channel, which is not good.

If one of the beats gets flagged for copyright then I would have to take down the entire video and replace that beat with another one.

So please try to work with me on this.

What I Need From You

I need you all to help promote these battles as much as possible on social media. This benefits all of us.

Conclusion

I don't know how many beats will be submitted, so please be patient. I'm aiming to put up a few videos a week with 3-5 beats per video. Basically, I'll just see how it goes and adjust accordingly.

If you have questions, ask away.
All in! So youll be making the vid, we provide the beats as in the other battles? And itll be posted on illmuzik youtube channel also? If have this correct, hell yea lol I have a youtube channel ill add link to each vid also :) Can never have too many links and linkbacks on youtube channel ;) lol

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
@Fade So to clarify, what kind of videos do you expect us to upload? Does it have to be an actual video or music video in which there's only beat and for example graphic? Sorry for taking you time but I just want to know. :)
I'm doing the video. Just upload your beats.

All in! So youll be making the vid, we provide the beats as in the other battles? And itll be posted on illmuzik youtube channel also? If have this correct, hell yea lol I have a youtube channel ill add link to each vid also :) Can never have too many links and linkbacks on youtube channel ;) lol
Yes, exactly. Thanks, appreciate the help!

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
For those that uploaded today: I'm going to do the first one tomorrow. I just want to see how many others upload today.

So get ready! A battle is about to pop off.

VinylHomie

Young producer from Germany
Battle Points: 36
For those that uploaded today: I'm going to do the first one tomorrow. I just want to see how many others upload today.

So get ready! A battle is about to pop off.
Are u going to put our links (like soundcloud n stuff) into the video description, because otherwise that would get us traffic.

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Are u going to put our links (like soundcloud n stuff) into the video description, because otherwise that would get us traffic.
Yes. I was going to add that to the page when you upload but usually people don't put the links properly. So the best bet is to keep your page up to date on here so I can get it from there.

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
I really like this idea.. but i think it should have some topics, or separated like boom bap and trap..
I would like to do that, the issue is Youtube though so with sampling we have to be careful.

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Ye, i understand you, but it can be done on soundcloud too.. is it a video or not, doesn't change anything, i think :D
For sure. I just want to see first how everything goes with youtube.

Members online

Latest Beat It Up! Results
Beat #2
7 votes
Beat #3
7 votes
Beat #1
0 votes

ill resources