• Beat This! Competition

Sticky What is "Beat It Up!"?

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 22
This has prolly been answered a dozen times already lol, but just to clarify, the other 2 beats submitted will be recycled for future beat it up battles or theyre deleted and wud have to resub for future battles? Sorry @Fade, this question prolly frustratingly tedious by now ;) lol

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
This has prolly been answered a dozen times already lol, but just to clarify, the other 2 beats submitted will be recycled for future beat it up battles or theyre deleted and wud have to resub for future battles? Sorry @Fade, this question prolly frustratingly tedious by now ;) lol
Well I was going to delete them but now that I'm getting a grasp on working this battle, I'll keep them. So let's say you upload 3 beats and you go to upload another, it will tell you you can't. Then if I use one of your 3 beats, I'll mark it, so you'll have a slot open then.

So yes, I'll keep all the beats instead from now on.

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 66

What Is This?

Here's the deal: YouTube is a huge platform and we all need exposure, so why not make videos with your beats and also make it a battle?

The idea is to make regular videos that have beats from IllMuzik members, so as to give you all exposure, then all members can vote for the best beat.

What Do I Upload?

You just upload your MP3 beats like other battles. I will be making the videos.

The rundown:
  • You can upload up to 3 beats.
  • Only 1 best beat of the 3 beats will be chosen.
  • Beats that are not chosen will be kept for future battles.
  • Every time your beat is used, a slot opens up out of 3.
  • Your beat must be in MP3 format.
  • Your beat must not be longer than 2 minutes.
  • Your beat must not be bigger than 8 MB.
What Type Of Beat Can I Upload?

Any style of Hip Hop beat. It must be an instrumental. This could change if there's a theme specified.

How Is This A Battle?

The idea right now is to put up a video of 3 beats. I will then create a thread and a poll where everyone can vote for the best beat. The winner gets points and recognition like the other battles that we have.

How Are The Contestants Chosen?

I will choose 3 contestants at random to face each other.

How Does The Voting Work?

These battles will each have their own thread and a poll where all members can vote. The poll results will be revealed once the poll closes. For now, voting for each battle will be open for about 2 days.

What Does The Winner Get?

Like our other battles, a title under your name plus battle points. And lots of exposure!

What About Copyright?

This is the tricky part of all of this. I though of doing these videos a while back and even had a few members mention it to me but I wasn't sure because of YouTube's strict policies about copyright. I then forgot about it for a while but then @ArvinArmani reminded me so it got me thinking again.

If you don't know, YouTube has "content ID" and other tools that help them identify copyright infringement.

So what I propose is that if your beat contains samples, make sure it's not obvious! If it is, I'll contact you about it. If you have samples, try to layer them, add effects, etc. so it masks the samples and make it next to impossible for YouTube to snitch on it.

If you don't have samples in your beats then there shouldn't be any issues.

The problem is that if the videos I put up get hit with copyright complaints then it's a strike against the IllMuzik channel, which is not good.

If one of the beats gets flagged for copyright then I would have to take down the entire video and replace that beat with another one.

So please try to work with me on this.

What I Need From You

I need you all to help promote these battles as much as possible on social media. This benefits all of us.

Conclusion

I don't know how many beats will be submitted, so please be patient. I'm aiming to put up a few videos a week with 3 beats per video. Basically, I'll just see how it goes and adjust accordingly.

If you have questions, ask away.

What Is This?

Here's the deal: YouTube is a huge platform and we all need exposure, so why not make videos with your beats and also make it a battle?

The idea is to make regular videos that have beats from IllMuzik members, so as to give you all exposure, then all members can vote for the best beat.

What Do I Upload?

You just upload your MP3 beats like other battles. I will be making the videos.

The rundown:
  • You can upload up to 3 beats.
  • Only 1 best beat of the 3 beats will be chosen.
  • Beats that are not chosen will be kept for future battles.
  • Every time your beat is used, a slot opens up out of 3.
  • Your beat must be in MP3 format.
  • Your beat must not be longer than 2 minutes.
  • Your beat must not be bigger than 8 MB.
What Type Of Beat Can I Upload?

Any style of Hip Hop beat. It must be an instrumental. This could change if there's a theme specified.

How Is This A Battle?

The idea right now is to put up a video of 3 beats. I will then create a thread and a poll where everyone can vote for the best beat. The winner gets points and recognition like the other battles that we have.

How Are The Contestants Chosen?

I will choose 3 contestants at random to face each other.

How Does The Voting Work?

These battles will each have their own thread and a poll where all members can vote. The poll results will be revealed once the poll closes. For now, voting for each battle will be open for about 2 days.

What Does The Winner Get?

Like our other battles, a title under your name plus battle points. And lots of exposure!

What About Copyright?

This is the tricky part of all of this. I though of doing these videos a while back and even had a few members mention it to me but I wasn't sure because of YouTube's strict policies about copyright. I then forgot about it for a while but then @ArvinArmani reminded me so it got me thinking again.

If you don't know, YouTube has "content ID" and other tools that help them identify copyright infringement.

So what I propose is that if your beat contains samples, make sure it's not obvious! If it is, I'll contact you about it. If you have samples, try to layer them, add effects, etc. so it masks the samples and make it next to impossible for YouTube to snitch on it.

If you don't have samples in your beats then there shouldn't be any issues.

The problem is that if the videos I put up get hit with copyright complaints then it's a strike against the IllMuzik channel, which is not good.

If one of the beats gets flagged for copyright then I would have to take down the entire video and replace that beat with another one.

So please try to work with me on this.

What I Need From You

I need you all to help promote these battles as much as possible on social media. This benefits all of us.

Conclusion

I don't know how many beats will be submitted, so please be patient. I'm aiming to put up a few videos a week with 3 beats per video. Basically, I'll just see how it goes and adjust accordingly.

If you have questions, ask away.
how and where can I find and listen to the battle?

ArvinArmani

His name was Robert Paulson. His name was Robert P
Battle Points: 67
Sup Y'all , i got an idea : BIU was a really good move from the ILL , now We should take it to the next level. How? there should be a Counter on Youtube, showing how many votes each beat has, and it should show the comments on the battle, like how the comments appear when someone puts a Live video on Instagram. imagine a page with a really large counter showing votes and comments like
All 3 beats are dope...it seems like piano is the theme for all 3 beats...no offense but it is hard to decide cause they all sound similar but slightly different beats...so I have to listen for the best drum beat...now I have finally made my vote
appear on the video, and it's Live!

And we can Cheat! once a month the moderators can send private messages to members, telling them about the next BIU being a special battle and telling them to vote/put comments on the ILL and like the video on Youtube, and fade should keep the best beats ever sent to BIU for these kind of battles so the counter wouldn't show something like 8/2/0 the whole time.
That 1 video will be viewed by a Lot of ILLiends and non-ILLiens , we can get a Lot of population and money! Nah?

@Fade

Last edited: