What is the best DAW?

I

ILL NOIZZ

I'm 16 and want to become a music producer I started making beats on my phone with the fl studio mobile app, but it is very limited and I am downloading I DAW on my computer which one would you guys recommend?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Each DAW has his strenghts and weaknesses... It depends what want to compromise with. I've been out the production loop for a while now, but the programs I know about are Logic, Reason, Reaper, Cubase, Sonar, FL Studio, and I heard about Studio One and Digital Performer, but I think the main players are Logic, Reason and FL Studio (I think)

Like stated, the strenght of FL Studio is that it's super user friendly. You can get started making beats in seconds and learning the ins and out of beatmaking is super easy since it has a very visual interface. Also, when you purchase it, you get unlimited updates for life... But it's weakness is the the quality of the sounds. That being said, you can put some VSTs in there are that solves the problem, for me...

EJ3CTA

Battle Points: 1
I've been using FL Studio 12 as my DAW and I've been happy with it. I wasn't all that impressed with the factory sounds so I've upgraded quite a bit. Just starting out, I think it is a great place for you to start. Download the demo and give it a try. If you don't like it, you've lost nothing and gained some knowledge.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
The best daw is the daw that works for you, plain and simple. What works best for me is not gonna work best for you and what works best for someone else is not gonna work best for me it all depends on what you need and how easily you can do it within a dog on a personal level.

The best thing to do is download a bunch of demos try them and see which goes well for you, in the end they all are capable of doing the exact same thing which is allowing you to make great music.

Me personally I like using a reason for music kids and instrumentation but I like using logic or ProTools when working on film scores or commercials

T

TagYourBeats

Everything said in this thread is right in its own way.

Some DAWs seem more complicated than others, but all essentially do the same thing. It's basically a work bench that you'll use VSTs (virtual instruments) and sounds in.

It's all about finding a DAW that fits your workflow.

Personally, I think FL is the easiest to get to grips with and it is very powerful with lots of potential to improve in the future.

I'd highly recommend actually buying it if you havent already...the free year on year upgrades are more than worth the money and access to the official FL Studio forums can save several hours of Googling.