what to do bout warped records

ill o.g.
yo today i was out all day DJing in the hot sun and i noticed hellof my good records jus got warped in the sun
anyone know any technics in straitining them out? i'm pretty sure theres nothin i can do but maybe someone here has a clever idea, I tried leaving them out in the sun to get soft again then put them under a heavy flat box and that actually did work a little bit. anyone got any other suggestions?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i think your way is the way to go.

i've heard putting one piece of glass under, and one piece of glass on top and leaving it in the sun it the best way.

but i don't know many people that have pieces of glass laying around, so just warm it up and press it.

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Ahh, nice tip vince, maybe I'll try that. But anyways Splitpersonality... first off, never leave records inside a car or any place with intense heat, i learned my lesson. But, sometimes what I usually I is just to keep playin wit the record and bending it the opposite way where the warp is...BUT... don't over due it cuz just last nite, I was tryin to fix this little warp, i guess i bent it a little too much and broke my damn record. SUCKS MAN.... but, good thing it wasnt an important record, otherwise i'd be pissed.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah that's a problem. I've heard that too where you put it between platest of glass and leave it in the sun. I've also bent it a bit (and broke one too), I've also tried putting heavy books on top for a while to hopefully make it straight. None of these are the absolute solution, but the record should be flatter than it was.

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
check the new scratch mag, i believe its the beatminerz (correct me if im wrong) give many tips on how they get theyre records unwarped.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Vince said:
i think your way is the way to go.

i've heard putting one piece of glass under, and one piece of glass on top and leaving it in the sun it the best way.

but i don't know many people that have pieces of glass laying around, so just warm it up and press it.

if you put it under a glass and it gets hot enough will it stick? my uncle just gave me a warped record, and i'm thinking of putting outside under glass cause the place i just moved to gets to be 114 degrees daily, but i dont want it to get so hot that it sticks to the glass

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
put them somewhere warmish not too hot and put sumthing heavy on top always works on mine used to DJ in a band so used to play outside a lot in the summer and my shit always used to warp and fuck up my sets

ill o.g.
yea when i was djin that day in the sun i took a record off the turntable put it to the side as i played only 1 song i went to put that record that i left back in its case and it was completely soft I could have stretched it out if i wanted to. so if your gunna leave a warped record in the sun to soften it so u can flatten it out don't leave it between glass for long at all cuz i'm sure it will stick

members online