what's a good drum machine under $500?

P

p-slikk

what's a good drum machine under $500 for producing hip-hop & soul/jazz muzik? :confused:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
For drum machines, your best bet would be the line of Boss products. The Dr-770 and Dr-5 are dope.

Are you basically just looking for drum sounds? Or do you really want a drum machine? Because you can do so much with software, but I don't know what kind of setup you have.

P

p-slikk

thanx for your suggestions. i'll check out those stuff. by tha way, my setup is: 2 1200's, a mixer, a yamaha sampler and a pc. i don't like software drum machines that much because like fruity loops, they sound canned. so i'm looking for hardware.

P

p-slikk

ps...

ps... do those boss machines have good kits for hip-hop? cuz i've messed around with some zoom drum machines and most of the snares and kicks are not so useful for constructing hip-hop drum loops. most of them are for rock music. i need drum machines with good kits for constructing hip-hop loops. thanx a lot

B

balddee

If you can locate it check out a Boss Drum Machine called Dr. Groove DR-202. This particular drum machine had nothing but sounds for hip hop, jungle, trip hop, also has bass synth sounds, you can also tweak filters of the sounds as well as effects

B

Briellz

I wouldn't recommend nothing under $500. If you save a few more hundreds of dollars you can get a damn SP 1200, ASR-10, maybe even a MPC 2000XL