What's your process

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Carpe Diem said:
^^^not always man, not always...
Why not always at least consider them, the majority of people only look at intros and outros, this gives them more to sift through? I listen to the whole track, but no one even mentioned searching for bridges or breakdowns. But hey, your quote was helpful too.

C

Carpe Diem

Yeah, bridges and breakdowns contain a lotta stuff, but just sifting throught the WHOLE track, you find things u wouldnt expect to....but good post as nobodies mentioned them...peace.....carpe

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i listen to that shit all the way through usually, often even if there is nothing sampleable in the intro or outro you can flip the odd word out of a verse with an odd sound out of the next verse for example and make a dope loop.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dig alot of ecm records stuff (great shit experimetnal jazz and soul etc. tango classical). real 'hi-gi recordings with one hits that have alot of character. i just look for notes with alot of charachter i never really dig for phrases

pg16kid

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
When i get my samples, i listen to the whole song so i can get the full feel for it, plus if there are any breakdowns in the middle or whatever, i can sample that (if its applicable of course).. But yeah, listenign to the whole song gives you an advantage since there is MORE to sample...