Where do you dig? and how?

• beat this! voting starts in...

Jahl

ill o.g.
Whut up everybody.

Im looking for a hot claver sample, and i was thinking about where you guys are looking ? on the internet ? where on the internet. It will help me a lot if i knew where to look :D

Jahl.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
before you even think of starting to sample, make sure you can appreciate the music you're trying to sample for what it is, not for it's "samplability" (I just made a word up. gangsta.)

NOTHING is worse than someone sampling a song that pays no justice to the original.

I'd suggest hitting up www.pandora.com and looking for music similar to what you already like... someone on Illmuzik got me on to that site (good lookin, whoever you are).

Also, peep what kinda artists your influences sampled. then peep their influence's influences. eventually you'll fall into an untouched diamond field.

Jahl

ill o.g.
Nice nice, thanks Dantson.
I was thinking, when your guys are sampling something from a song, do you just cut out that you like, or do you find the acapella of the song and then cut that you like ?
or what do you do ?

WhoDoneIt?

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i dig at half price when in im indiana when im gonna start digin in chicago at dj spots and hopefully if i can get to NYC im a dig while im down there

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
If u really want recordz when in da SC u good cauze they throw out recordz like they trash you can def cop some hot stuff. But nice site posted above. Cauze i had got 400+ recordz for 25 bucks!!