Where do you go to register your business?

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Isnt there a website you can go to online to register your business name? I am tryin to register my name for my entertainment company. does anyone know the site?

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
go to your local courthouse and get a DBA. It is like $11.00. To get a tax id number, check out irs.gov, it is free. But you cannot get a tax id number until you have your DBA.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
jclay12345 said:
go to your local courthouse and get a DBA. It is like $11.00. To get a tax id number, check out irs.gov, it is free. But you cannot get a tax id number until you have your DBA.

You can get a tax id without a DBA. Its just best to probably get a DBA ( Doing Business As) registration before a tax id.

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
ShortFuze said:
You can get a tax id without a DBA. Its just best to probably get a DBA ( Doing Business As) registration before a tax id.

Oh I didn't know that. When I called the IRS people they asked me for my DBA info. So since they assumed that I had a DBA, I assumed that you had to have a DBA to get a Tax ID.

But on a side note, if you want to get a publishing company registered, it is best to send in your list of names to ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC first. They can run a search on what's available nation-wide. DBA searches are only in your area. So once you get your name registered with either one of the above 3 companies, get your DBA based on that name, and then get your tax id.

members online