Who has taken audio engineering courses?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just curious as to who on here has taken any courses for audio engineering. I regularly see ads for various courses so it seems still popular. On the other hand, there's a school near me that recently moved and seemed to downsize, I'm assuming to save space. So, are courses still the way to go?

For me, I took courses back in the day when we were using ADATs LOL. It was a great experience though because it taught me a lot even though I self-taught myself some of the stuff ahead of time.

One of the best things I learned was that it's always best to take something out rather than add something because it can easily muddy-up the mix.

Anyone else?

I just joined so hello. And I went to the art institute in Atlanta for audio. One of the best things i learned is that everyone has their own ear when it comes to listening. Some sounds really do sound different to different people. Also just because something is industry standard doesnt mean that the only way it can be done.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Very well said @ConspiracyMuzik. It's great what they teach you at these courses but I've always looked at it as a way to get a solid understanding of the basics. After that, to each his own.

Anyone else? Or have most of you taken the self-taught route?