Work Space...

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
For those who use a desk...did you buy one or DIY? I have a 1K, building my PC right now, turntable, stereo reciever, CD player, Dual Tape deck, and buying a MIDI controller soon. I just want a desk that's big enough for all that. I'm in my room buy the way.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
look at estate sales man... i got mine for $150 an its a huge ass office desk... Any places like that garage sales, auctions... Although you could do it yoursefl for less $$$... That way you could build it to how you need it...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
also musicians friend has some desk made especially for producing it has holders for you rack mounts, and monitors you might want to check them out and you local sam goody but you can't go wrong with wal-mart either. and don't forget about a comfortable chair

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ya want a nice big desk with maybe multiple platforms for monitors etc.. you should make sure you have enough space too, with some extra coz u will wanna add to your equipment setup.

its good to be away from any distractions like a TV or window, so you can just concentrate on the music. (corner of a room is good)

sAfE.

E

Equality 7-2521

i bought a second hand desk with a solid structure and then built onto it for customisation.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Rhythmikal said:
ya want a nice big desk with maybe multiple platforms for monitors etc.. you should make sure you have enough space too, with some extra coz u will wanna add to your equipment setup.

its good to be away from any distractions like a TV or window, so you can just concentrate on the music. (corner of a room is good)

sAfE.

distractions? my "setup" is...

...in the living room where the tv is

...next to two windows (i'm in a corner)

...next to couch where wife sits to watch TV and my headphones suck ass

C

Copenhagen

Welcome to the decorating issue at Illmuzik. Today we will be talking about... ;)

I just bought a regular old desk, but a long desk. i only had 2 worries. 1). That everything would fit onto the table and that the chair i sit in is comfortable enough to sit in for several hours.