Would you sell your beats on IllMuzik?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I think cats could buy stuff, if you have the marketing.

I like you, but you're about 8 years too late on this one. You could've made yourself a multi-million dollar company off this idea in the past.

If I were you, I'd look at how you can incorporate future technologies, like augmented reality or some advanced form of mobile social networking with hip-hop production. Think ahead.

I don't know if you have the technical expertise to code such things, but always look to emerging technologies that aren't within the direct funding stream of VC's and "what's hot" right now.

Medl4

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 69
YES.
It would make it a lot easier for me if I could just direct a client to Illmuzic where the beat is uploaded & ready for purchase instead of the back & forth e-mail, in some cases explaining how to use paypal etc. etc..
I imagine a paypal type deal would be needed but it could run through illmuzic as a way to setup a one stop listen & buy scenario. Also it would direct traffic to the site which would be beneficial for all parties.

There could even be an option/(requirement?)to donate a percentage of the profit to Illmuzic that would be available to the producers, that could go towards manufacturing shirts stickers hats etc. for the online store

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
He has a point, imagine owning the right to themes based on locations in metropolis around the globe. You walk onto the eiffel tower and people hear your music while approaching it.

Aside from that, it would never work for Ill, you'd walk onto a cool spot to hear fade swinging his machette and the roar of chainsaws and women screaming for their life...

Also, paypal ffin sucks for digital media.. so easy to chargeback purchases which is a major issue for a lot of online business.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I would not, either. I think that ship has sailed about 5-6 years ago. These days I feel it's better to sell music by yourself, and not on a public website, anymore...

Paypal is a shifty thing when it comes to online purchases not done on ebay.

I think more people are going DPs route, this way people can ONLY see YOUR music, and not anyone else's on YOUR own site. Best way to go, in my opinion.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Nope, I would not. In fact I am building my own system to use only for my clients.

I would not, either. I think that ship has sailed about 5-6 years ago. These days I feel it's better to sell music by yourself, and not on a public website, anymore...

Paypal is a shifty thing when it comes to online purchases not done on ebay.

I think more people are going DPs route, this way people can ONLY see YOUR music, and not anyone else's on YOUR own site. Best way to go, in my opinion.

^^^^^