Interviews Young Stacks Interview

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
youngstacks.jpg

As the North Carolina Hip Hop movement continues to gain more visibility, Greensboro-based rapper Young Stacks LGi has emerged as one of the state's most promising new talents.

The letters LGi in his name stand for "Let's Get it" - a battle cry that has trumpeted his rapid ascension to local stardom. In less than three years, the 23-year-old emcee has built a loyal fan base thanks to his heartfelt lyrics, memorable hooks and energetic live performances.

A regular on Carolina Cuts Young Stacks LGI took the time to give us this interview.

Can you introduce yourself?

I go by the name of Young Stacks LGi, LGi standing for let's get it.

Where in the Carolinas are you located?

I reside in Greensboro NC where I spent most of my childhood.

How would you describe your style?

I think I have an energetic style of rap with songs that touch every subject, from dance to motivation. I pride myself in having the ability to create a broad range of songs while still keeping it hip hop.

Who or what would you say are your main influences?

T.I. and Jay-Z are probably my two biggest influences musically. Although their styles are different, they both embody a realness and dominance that I see myself with.

What was your first song that you dropped?

The first song I dropped was "Swagg Stupid" off of my first ever street album, "This Is Me". It was an accomplishment for me because it was the first song that the public heard and embraced. It felt good to know that my hard work was appreciated.

How many songs do you have completed?

I have a library of about 60 to 70 songs right now, some out and some on the way.

What is your favorite group?

Outkast is my favorite group. The things they've done are remarkable.

Who would you like to work with?

I'd love to work with Chris Brown, Kid Ink, Big Sean, Jay-Z and T.I. Locally, Ill-Po, Lazurus, and Ricky Ruckus are a few I would like to work with.

What was your greatest accomplishment?

My greatest accomplishment was having my son, Jayden Christopher Lewis. He is what keeps me grinding. A better life for him and my family is why I do it.

What do you like to do when you're not recording?

When I'm not recording, I like to make money to pay for more recording time. Most everything I do is a contribution to furthering my career.

What do you think about the current state of Hip Hop?

I think Hip Hop is going through a phase where the ratio of good to mediocre music is not leveled. That's why most songs you hear on the radio are songs you dislike. It's not because there aren't good artists out there, it's because you only see or hear one once in a blue moon.

Will you be touring in the future?

Currently no touring is set but for booking contact me at youngstacks.lgient@gmail.com I am working on a mix tape called "No Hooks" and my third street album is on the way so look out for those.

Any Shout outs?

I wanna give a shootout to the whole LGi family. JM and Jerry my engineers. Ed. E. Ruger and Jae Blacc for holding me down from the beginning. And all the artists out there putting it on for Carolina.

members online