* 2Pac ft. Outlawz - This Life I Lead * (Remix by Memento Beats)

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Memento Beats everything is good as is as far as mixing and the overall production but Imo I think the vocal doesn’t really fit the beat tbh. But imma sit on this one a little for now I think this could be one of those that grow on you. But definitely well done.

@Sole Element You might be right. In general I planned to find vocals that would have matched another beat that I had in store but I couldn't find anything suitable. I was looking for some Rick Ross' acapella, but didn't find anything suitable. But in the meantime I made this beat and I decided to upload another 2Pac remix because they generate a lot of views in my case. It's a very simple beat and I wasn't sure whether that's a good idea to use this particular beat but to me it sounds alright.

I just wanted to ask whether by "the vocal doesn't realy fit the beat" do you mean the mood of the beat doesn't match the vocals or whether the vocals are off when it comes to timing? I just wanted to clarify it because that might be a valuable feedback for me and maybe I didn't pay enough attention to some elements of this song. I would appreciate if you could elaborate your thought of course if it's possible and if you're willing to do it. :D

Yeah I like this, dope! I think personally the beat is spot on. If I was being picky it would be maybe a change up with the sample after 2pac verse to add something extra instead of a sample pause but either way its still dope man!

Last edited:

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Memento Beats yeah the vocal is on as far as timing but you have it lined up on the wrong beat, this one is a little tricky I used to jam that song and still had to double check lol. Yeah I feel you tupac’s vocals always gets the most views lol. Also yes the mood doesn’t fit, but that’s cause I heard the original a lot but I also think with his vocals you generally have to capture the feeling of his voice with your beat selection. I hope that helped