* 2Pac - How Long Will They Mourn Me * (Remix by Memento Beats)

Niiice. I saw this and thought hm how can you even place a beat that can even rival the original. The original is such perfection.

But this is nice. Would love to hear it with the chorus on it too. But it also works without.

Good work brother.
Thank you very much :giggle:

You ever run into any issues with uploading copyrighted stuff to YouTube? Gonna post my remixes there as soundcloud will likely give me strikes.
That's a very interesting question. When it comes to remixes of dead artists (Biggie, 2Pac, Pop Smoke) I've never received any hit for copyright. Which is especially interesting as you may consider Pop Smoke as a contemporary artist as he got famous somewhere in 2019/2020 and his music is contantly around. In general I didn't receive many copyright strikes.

The only one that I've ever got which was marked as "Copyright breach blah blah blah" was when I remixed Ed Sheeran's "Happier" and it was a long time ago (probably in 2019 or something like that). But that video wasn't unpublished or something. I just received an information that "we noticed that you used a song that is a property of Warner Bros Music" or something in that style.

When I made remix of Scorpions "No One Like You" I got the information that "we noticed that you used a song by Scorpions. The owner of copyrights allows for this content to be published on YouTube". And that's it. Just the information that the algorithm detected that someone used other artist's property but no impact on views etc. And when I made a remix of Future's "712PM" I just got informed that this song was blocked in Russia as the owner of copyrights to this song doesn't allow for this song to be played in Russia. However, at the same time I received information that this doesn't have any impact on the number of views or anything like that. Just the fact that no one from Russia will be able to listen to that remix.

Other than that, I received no other notifications about copyrights breach etc.

You ever run into any issues with uploading copyrighted stuff to YouTube? Gonna post my remixes there as soundcloud will likely give me strikes.
on youtube, I have I think 3 videos with copyright issues, one was banned worldwide but for some reason is now available in some countries, the other two or 3 allow others to share their copyrighted material. I think one gets ad revenue or they all do, but being as I dont get ad revenue that doesnt matter to me. I havent had a proper strike yet. Less so on soundcloud.

EDIT: actually I did get a copyright strike many many years ago on soundcloud for a Beatles "Elenor Rigby" flip

since using reddit, some will only let you post if its in a strict order ... Artist - Title - Version - Year

You get much better results in the algorithm if you use hash tags, which has led to the "type beat" craze.
Name dropping gives the algorithm something with which to suggest your video to others. The better the tags, the more exposure.
Also writing a proper description for the song gives the algorithm more keywords to work with to place your content in front of people that will appreciate it.

When you post remixes to YouTube, do you put the track name original / artist name in the title?
In my case for this moment I do as I make remixes of specific songs and most of the time I remix them in full. Not always but since I started making those remixes this is the approach I've taken. So yes, I include the title of the original and the name of the artist who made that particular song.

However, I'm thinking of a slightly different approach where I mix several different artists together. For example I make a drill beat and on that drill beat I put acapellas from three different rappers and I create kinda like a new song. From what I've seen this kind of approach helps getting more views as in this way you're targeting fans of three/four/five artists and people in general are interested in this kind of stuff (at least based on my observations). You can also "trick" people and add for example "Unreleased Song" to the title to create a typical clickbait title. But this approach takes more time as you not only have to take care of music but more importantly the lyrics and mix those lyrics so that they make some sense together.

Do you notice if this leads to easier detection as it might trigger algorithm or whatever to think someone's trying to upload an original commercial ?
I have no idea what's the impact on the algorithm when you put the name of the artist and when you don't. I kinda don't understand the question here, because if you create a remix, it's rather obvious that you made a remix of some song by some other artist. :D Besides the algorithm doesn't look for the title but the content. So if something's detected it's rather based on things that were detected within your content (look for example at the videos where people curse - they get demonetized for using a bad language most of the time despite the fact no one put any bad words in titles). So for example if you made a remix of let's say Billie Jean by Michael Jackson and titled it like this:

Iron Keys - The Kid Is Not My Son

Then everyone would see some track by some unknown guy Iron Keys but the algorithm will most likely detect that you used Michael Jackson's work. So it kinda doesn't make sense to do it like that. It's less obvious for people. You will get completely different result if you write:

Billie Jean (Remix By Iron Keys)

First of all, you straight away inform people that it's Billie Jean ( a song that most people like and know), secondly, that it's a remix, and thirdly that it's made by you. The fact that it's made by you is actually the least important because personally I treat those remixes as an opportunity to boost my name on someone else's name. And I think everyone who ever made a remix thought about remixes in the same way.

Also what I noticed is the fact that you should play by YouTube rules. What I mean by this is simply following a typical YouTube naming convention. Take a look at what shows up in your main card on YouTube. If you take similar approach to music you can for example do it like this:

BILLIE JEAN BUT IT'S EDM

or

you won't believe what billie jean in trap version sounds like!

or

billie jean in trap version is pure madness!!!

I know that it's probably not the perfect naming convention for "artists" as we all dream of thousands of people who will be eager to click on a video titled like this:

Iron Keys - New Song

But it is what it is. You have to respect the rules of the platform where you post your music and just do it as the algorithm expects you to do.

However, at the same time these are just my observations. I try to incorporate some of the conclusions I was able to draw on my own channel but it's still a trial and error for me. Also you can't really predict what will be picked by algorithm and what won't.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
In my case for this moment I do as I make remixes of specific songs and most of the time I remix them in full. Not always but since I started making those remixes this is the approach I've taken. So yes, I include the title of the original and the name of the artist who made that particular song.

However, I'm thinking of a slightly different approach where I mix several different artists together. For example I make a drill beat and on that drill beat I put acapellas from three different rappers and I create kinda like a new song. From what I've seen this kind of approach helps getting more views as in this way you're targeting fans of three/four/five artists and people in general are interested in this kind of stuff (at least based on my observations). You can also "trick" people and add for example "Unreleased Song" to the title to create a typical clickbait title. But this approach takes more time as you not only have to take care of music but more importantly the lyrics and mix those lyrics so that they make some sense together.

I have no idea what's the impact on the algorithm when you put the name of the artist and when you don't. I kinda don't understand the question here, because if you create a remix, it's rather obvious that you made a remix of some song by some other artist. :D Besides the algorithm doesn't look for the title but the content. So if something's detected it's rather based on things that were detected within your content (look for example at the videos where people curse - they get demonetized for using a bad language most of the time despite the fact no one put any bad words in titles). So for example if you made a remix of let's say Billie Jean by Michael Jackson and titled it like this:

Iron Keys - The Kid Is Not My Son

Then everyone would see some track by some unknown guy Iron Keys but the algorithm will most likely detect that you used Michael Jackson's work. So it kinda doesn't make sense to do it like that. It's less obvious for people. You will get completely different result if you write:

Billie Jean (Remix By Iron Keys)

First of all, you straight away inform people that it's Billie Jean ( a song that most people like and know), secondly, that it's a remix, and thirdly that it's made by you. The fact that it's made by you is actually the least important because personally I treat those remixes as an opportunity to boost my name on someone else's name. And I think everyone who ever made a remix thought about remixes in the same way.

Also what I noticed is the fact that you should play by YouTube rules. What I mean by this is simply following a typical YouTube naming convention. Take a look at what shows up in your main card on YouTube. If you take similar approach to music you can for example do it like this:

BILLIE JEAN BUT IT'S EDM

or

you won't believe what billie jean in trap version sounds like!

or

billie jean in trap version is pure madness!!!

I know that it's probably not the perfect naming convention for "artists" as we all dream of thousands of people who will be eager to click on a video titled like this:

Iron Keys - New Song

But it is what it is. You have to respect the rules of the platform where you post your music and just do it as the algorithm expects you to do.

However, at the same time these are just my observations. I try to incorporate some of the conclusions I was able to draw on my own channel but it's still a trial and error for me. Also you can't really predict what will be picked by algorithm and what won't.
Nice.

Re the last bit I want to kind of try and avoid certain trends/ gimmicks such as the "you'll never believe what" along with a thumbnail of your face open mouthed and shocked.

Certain regurgitated shit like that I'm seeking to avoid, whilst doing enough to make sure it can attract people.

Yeah it’s not really the title it’s the content as @Memento Beats said. For example my last upload of the Ricky Gervais After Life series has the tv programs vocals all the way through no problem but at the end a song I left in from the program called ‘Youth my daughter’ has flagged up. User allows it and won’t affect my channel.
However I believe that means if I get monetised then that is to them not me. Could cut it out but as @2GooD Productions said we are not at that stage to really bother about that yet

Yeah it’s not really the title it’s the content as @Memento Beats said. For example my last upload of the Ricky Gervais After Life series has the tv programs vocals all the way through no problem but at the end a song I left in from the program called ‘Youth my daughter’ has flagged up. User allows it and won’t affect my channel.
However I believe that means if I get monetised then that is to them not me. Could cut it out but as @2GooD Productions said we are not at that stage to really bother about that yet
I checked my copyright issues about an hour ago, I only have one track that I cannot monetize, and thats a flip of Screaming Jay Hawkins "I Put A Spell On You", thats the one that was once banned worldwide, but now is allowed in some countries.

JustIn Flow

ILLIEN
My only copyright conflict was with the Remix "Nas - Hope (JustIn Flow Remix)"
I got noticed (I think because of an muted part of the instrumental) that the Song from Nas is under copyright by (i think) Sony...
But it is allowed to use it :D

members online