Beat lease grind indefinitely?

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Is this just how it is, a guy with such credentials still having to do the beat lease grind... or think it's easy money? He's a cool dude to follow and makes dope stuff, so no disrespect at all, was just kinda surprised to see a Black Friday deal targeted to bedroom folks so thought to get the Ill perspective.

Screenshot_20231124-165402.png

Screenshot_20231124-165323.png

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Man, I hate seeing that shit. I know it's a quick way to make money from your beats but at the same time it ruins it for everyone else, especially beatmakers that aren't known. Why would someone buy beats from a nobody when they can get it from someone that has produced for big artists?

I've written about this countless times but I guess it's just the norm now. Those days of guys selling beats for thousands are long gone, I guess.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Man, I hate seeing that shit. I know it's a quick way to make money from your beats but at the same time it ruins it for everyone else, especially beatmakers that aren't known. Why would someone buy beats from a nobody when they can get it from someone that has produced for big artists?

I've written about this countless times but I guess it's just the norm now. Those days of guys selling beats for thousands are long gone, I guess.
Right. The unfortunate part of the game I guess. Definitely a reminder that if I want to make any $$ with my hobby, it's just as much about being a "influencer" and trying to get 10K+ followers.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Right. The unfortunate part of the game I guess. Definitely a reminder that if I want to make any $$ with my hobby, it's just as much about being a "influencer" and trying to get 10K+ followers.
Pretty much.

or...

acrually creating bodies of work, networking, submitting to sync and other libraries. Put out great music with great artists, hope one or some of your stuff builds momentum and riding off the back of that.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Ask @Dusty B @Greg Savage who is “DiyMusicBiz” at Reddit re: sync as he’s legit. As for “influencer” it’s a dirty word only if you are influencing people to do ignorant shit that the world needs less of!

Find a mixing engineer and maybe offer a “review your mix” stream on YT or anywhere else you’re socially active!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Why @ user are these so called "posts" containing all "these" quotes per se over on other forum some "user" has the answers tell them "i" sent you otherwise "they" probably will hold you back because "society" does not want us to succeed

members online