Chopping Samples during playback

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
is there any program, for mac, that i can chop samples in, other than recycle and what not. Basically, what i want to be able to do is tap my controller or even just a key on my keyboard during playback, so that it adds chops at each point that i tapped the controller or key. Much like u can do in Logic with the shift key, as the sample plays. To me, this is much easier to do then visually dragging the curser and lining up the chop with my eyes, especially with samples that don't have clear "visual" transients, whereas it is far easier to chop it by ear, by tapping. Is this possible? I have pro tools 8, reason 4.0, recycle, transfuser... do not want to use logic just for this feature, as its a bit of money to spend simply to chop samples.

savage_g

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^
Word. Hitting the '\' key during playback in logic then mapping the chops onto an ex24 sampler is possibly the most intuitive way I've ever found of chopping a break.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^
Word. Hitting the '\' key during playback in logic then mapping the chops onto an ex24 sampler is possibly the most intuitive way I've ever found of chopping a break.

i prefer pro tools over logic... always been a protools user for audio, so the userface is like the back of my hand. However, have just started using it for midi and production, due to it's huge upgrades. Before that I have always sequenced in Reason and tracked into pro tools to mix. That being said, is there anyway to do this in any other programs?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Everybody prefers what they're use to. At the end of the day it's what gets the job done for you and your work flow. I like Ableton Live because I don't have to go outside of it for anything PERIOD. The way you can "pull" (not chop) a piece of a sample and drop it in impulse, the drum rack or simpler is even faster than the way u can do it in Logic with the preciseness that 2G mentioned.

Check this vid and see for yourself!
http://www.screencast.com/t/Qxuo47K0UI

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Everybody prefers what they're use to. At the end of the day it's what gets the job done for you and your work flow. I like Ableton Live because I don't have to go outside of it for anything PERIOD. The way you can "pull" (not chop) a piece of a sample and drop it in impulse, the drum rack or simpler is even faster than the way u can do it in Logic with the preciseness that 2G mentioned.

Check this vid and see for yourself!
http://www.screencast.com/t/Qxuo47K0UI

is this the same one youhave on the LDB tutorial thread? cuz this one didnt load.

members online