? for the older heads (25 and over)

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Was looking @ the post about when people started making beats an noticed a few peeps have been at this for a while.

Wanted to ask if anyone has put anything out? and had some success with it? and what goals do u you currently have for ur music? how has the passing of time affected ur goals?

anyone care to speak on this?

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
nothing really too major did a few commercials here in Akron for some radio stations nothin really hardcore, but it surely paid a few bills just aske my wife....lol As for where i would like to take it, well lets just say as long as i have a a few extra Zeros in the ol' bank account i can deal...lmao

ONE!

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
I have sold some beats to some local artist around the Mississippi Delta. Thats about it. Trying to get out there and do some big things. I want to make it my primary job, where I can just sit on my ass and make beats all day, along with doing real estate. That way money will flow in and I dont have to barely leave my house. I just recently got in touch with a guy with from ANDABAR PRODUCTIONS in NJ. He is affiliated with GORILLA PIMP RECORDS who just signed under DEF JAM. I have to send him some music and I am ready to see where this goes. I got my lucky rabbit foot....lol.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I am sending beats to my homie Alfonzo. He owns a record company called Icon One and he wants me to be one of the labels producers. He and I met about 7 years ago and decided to start doing music to make some money. Well, I had to move and he kept it going and finally found an investor to start the studio and the label. He is really focused and has a good business mind. Anyway, hopefully he will hear something he likes and makes me a contract offer. Other than that, I have just been making beats and learning all that I can about being a producer.

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm 28 yrs young and have been dabbling with beats since 1998. My progress has been stagnant. Mostly because I'm not serious about music. I have yet to master or become really profficient with any one program or machine. I'm currently creating with my MC505 and Triton. The 505 is real user friendly. The Triton isn't user friendly from the owners manuel point of view, but once someone shows me I understand much better.

Being technically challenged has been a huge barrier. My short term goal is to get down with an engineer/producer who has actually recorded albums and who has experience and can give me guidance and insight. The only reason I haven't gave up is because I know that I can make some dope ass beats once given the right resources. Even without the capability of being able to produce what I hear in my head, I can still put down some good loops. I just need to get in the studio so that my shit can come to life through sequencing, mixing, and mastering. My drum programming is off the chain. My chops are rusty because I don't pratice like a classical pianist, but the ideas are there. I think an engineer can help tighten up my joints.

I have yet to drop any tracks for public enjoyment.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Just Preppin a beat sampler CD. gonna give to a exclusive list of contacts and friends. my immediate goal is to connect and preferably get under the tutolage of a seasoned producer. over all goal, financial freedom, without selling my soul more or less. Sampler will be out around summertime.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I am 23 and I have been making beats for over a year,

my main goal is to get to NY and put my self in a postition where i can determine who i work with. Anyone can sell beats. BUt i want to dictate which artist i work with, thats very important to me

RIght now i am finishing my masters degree in computer science and currently i am intervewing with Universal, Island records, and columbia as an IT manager. (as well as other NY music firms). Once i get that job i feel i will be able to learn the busniess from the inside out and make moves accordlying.

I think to many cats have a short term version with music(espically the younger cats), there is more then gettin a famous cat to rhyme on your beats. Its about setting yourself up for the long term.

WIth that being said i also belive that life is up for living, I take music very seriously but if i never become famous, thats ok with me. I pride my self in setting up my goals so that even if i fail, i succed.
HOnestly, my education has givin me the abilitity to do things that most producers will never be able to do.
I see to many cats that focus on this music thing without living life. One day they wake up and are 34 with a bunch of equiment but nothing really to show for it. YOu have to be honest with yourself and make sure u enjoylife regardless if u make it or not

my 2 cents

class...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
classic said:

my main goal is to get to NY and put my self in a postition where i can determine who i work with. Anyone can sell beats. BUt i want to dictate which artist i work with, thats very important to me

RIght now i am finishing my masters degree in computer science and currently i am intervewing with Universal, Island records, and columbia as an IT manager. (as well as other NY music firms). Once i get that job i feel i will be able to learn the busniess from the inside out and make moves accordlying.

I think to many cats have a short term version with music(espically the younger cats), there is more then gettin a famous cat to rhyme on your beats. Its about setting yourself up for the long term.

WIth that being said i also belive that life is up for living, I take music very seriously but if i never become famous, thats ok with me. I pride my self in setting up my goals so that even if i fail, i succed.
HOnestly, my education has givin me the abilitity to do things that most producers will never be able to do.
I see to many cats that focus on this music thing without living life. One day they wake up and are 34 with a bunch of equiment but nothing really to show for it. YOu have to be honest with yourself and make sure u enjoylife regardless if u make it or not

my 2 cents

class...

thats wassup man. ya gotta hustle and gettin in thru IT is a great move.

As far as the thread, I havnt made that much. But, I still make music and thats all that matters to me. I never really wanted to do the producer thing as in a career, but as an artist, it would be nice. BUT, any real artist would keep goin regardless of any success. Its still an art but money seems to dictate dreams to many.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
classic said:

my main goal is to get to NY and put my self in a postition where i can determine who i work with.

class...

Thats what i'm talkin about!! Determination's going ta fuck around and make us all famous through our friends. "i'm chrono from illmuzik and it's 2008/ i'm here to drop a classick track'up into illustrate/ my crew and fellow labelmates/ here to pursue with them into a place where few have made/ a super shape of audiotory marmalade" haha

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
everyone on some philosphers shit, lol

but i can tell dudes have a passion for the art & thats dope just the kind of peeps that would be good to be around on the local level, cos paying dues on the solo tip is hard ish.

members online