Good Bass Keyboard

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
What do you guy recommend as far as a good bass keyboard (like the minimoog, but besides the minimoog)?

I know about the minimoog, but I want to see what other options are available. I need one that is basically on used for bass sounds.

T

The Bastard

Louie Lou said:
What do you guy recommend as far as a good bass keyboard (like the minimoog, but besides the minimoog)?

I know about the minimoog, but I want to see what other options are available. I need one that is basically on used for bass sounds.
novation got an ill bass staion, emu got the mk6 wit the mophatt soundbank, if ya really wanan get into bass id get a bass guitar and an effects pedal, thats whut my boy does hes been playin bass over some of my beats and it sounds better,more natural than anything i ever programed. but those two boards i mentioned would be great

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks....Im thinking of getting some just for bass and a bass guitar does sound good at this time. Im tired of my triton's bass sounds. They sound to electronic. I'll be out of this war in a few days. :) I can get back to my music. Also I saved up a few bucks so I can get something for bass sounds.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
it depends on what type of bass sound that you want

if you want that natural sounding bass the guitar is the way to go, but its gonna take some time to learn how to play of course

if you want that sub-woofer deep bass then I would recommend the micro korg, just about all emu products have good bass, or the mini moog

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I use...

I use the Microkorg to make bass. It's so much more that just a good bass-sound synth. It's a great analogue synth that you just tweek the different sounds.. So no sound sounds the same even if you want them to. Depends on just how you twist the sound at that given time. If you wanna hear how it sounds I have for example used it in my latest beat.. Dunno if this classifies as a showcase. If it does and Fade removes it then check it in the showcase thread.

www.andreasbeats.com/beats/3tone.mp3

That's my tip for a cool and useful Bass synth. (used by for example the neptunes amongst many)

T

The Bastard

andreas said:
I use the Microkorg to make bass. It's so much more that just a good bass-sound synth. It's a great analogue synth that you just tweek the different sounds.. So no sound sounds the same even if you want them to. Depends on just how you twist the sound at that given time. If you wanna hear how it sounds I have for example used it in my latest beat.. Dunno if this classifies as a showcase. If it does and Fade removes it then check it in the showcase thread.

That's my tip for a cool and useful Bass synth. (used by for example the neptunes amongst many)
cool beat man

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
He he. Thanks. But what did you think about the bass-sound?

T

The Bastard

andreas said:
He he. Thanks. But what did you think about the bass-sound?
shit was nice , ive heard the microkorg at guitar center, it is a nice piece, only thing is the keys are small and its eay to accidentally hit two keys at once, besides that its a mini monster

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
andreas said:

I would like to listen to this track, but a lot of sites are blocked here in Iraq. I can't download it or stream it...argh.

Thanks for the demo tho.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Ah, Strange. If you wanna hear it though. I can mail it to you

And bastard. yeah, the keys are small. I know what you mean. that's why I don't use it as a midikeyboard anymoer ( it has those properties). I have bought a fullsized midikeyboard

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
good questions. i know in terms of bass i'm lookin for more the bass that you here from J-Dee,Pete Rock, Kev Brown, Hi-tek use. i'm not sure if that's just a tweaking process or standard sounds on a keyboard somewhere. Peace.

members online