Here's Marco Polo Making Beats

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Here's a great video from Drumbroker where they follow Marco Polo and get some insight into how he creates his beats.

One thing I find interesting is when he's talking about making a beat for the Brooklyn Nets organization and that "corporate" doesn't want to mess with uncleared samples. It's true if you think about it because back in the day it would have been fine, but not now. Especially with all the tools and sounds at our disposal, I'd be surprised if "corporate" would welcome sampling.

Anyhow, dope video, check it out:

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
I watched this video earlier. That would be the REAL challenge for me making a beat without using samples. Having to find alternatives without using synths and keeping the Beautiful Noise sound? Hmmmmm...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I watched this video earlier. That would be the REAL challenge for me making a beat without using samples. Having to find alternatives without using synths and keeping the Beautiful Noise sound? Hmmmmm...
Yeah that's the thing. It's interesting to be faced with that task and having to make a beat without samples and keep your same style. Dope shit though.
like what he said about not knowing music theory, and not giving a shit
LOL!

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
I saw this when it first dropped. always a fan of marco.. to make a sample free beat and keep ya style.. can be done just may require way more focus.. lol .. start with the drums is the best tip I can give in a situation like that.. that way at with that you're still in your comfort zone so creating the melodies could come easier.. key word could..

BrascoeBeatz

#Brascoebeatz
choppin drums is easy but to make them swing like a true drummer is very difficult. that is the gift that can't be taught in hip hop beat making. s/o to marco polo he is the truth