"Pirates"

Phenri

Master Beater
I shared the audio from this one mid-production. Here is the finished product. Enjoy, and feel free to let me know what you think.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Wasn't sure where this was going, but it dropped real nice. Gotta say this is one of my favorites that I've heard in a while. Change ups keep it interesting for sure, smooth transitions that work perfectly. Good job with the mix too. The 808 cowbell definitely isn't for me, and feels like it doesn't at all suit the theme, but the rest of it is nice with sound choice. I've been wanting to do something like this for quite a while but never got around to doing it. I'm pretty confident that you've achieved something with this one that is far better than what I would have done anyway.

Nice one

Phenri

Master Beater
Wasn't sure where this was going, but it dropped real nice. Gotta say this is one of my favorites that I've heard in a while. Change ups keep it interesting for sure, smooth transitions that work perfectly. Good job with the mix too. The 808 cowbell definitely isn't for me, and feels like it doesn't at all suit the theme, but the rest of it is nice with sound choice. I've been wanting to do something like this for quite a while but never got around to doing it. I'm pretty confident that you've achieved something with this one that is far better than what I would have done anyway.

Nice one
I really appreciate the feedback! Thanks for listening!

If you've been wanting to do something similar, I'd say go for it; you never know! It's a great sample, and I'd be interested in hearing what a more experienced producer can do with it. I can send you the raw audio file for the sample, if you want.

Now with that said…. You posted this recently:

FIRST PROJECT, WITH NO TRAINING. SHOULD I PURSUE THIS?​

I have to ask when you say ‘no training’ do you mean you’ve been making beats / music for a while but had no outside training ?

Your productions just seem well above what someone would produce after suddenly deciding to start a couple of months ago. Feel like your kind of pulling our legs a little :unsure:

If I’m wrong then fair play and you’re a natural but I’m waiting for you to come clean and say alright I’m such and such and I’ve been producing music way longer than 2 months ago.

Or you’re mixing someone’s beat for them ? I’m not sure but this stuff doesn’t happen over night.

Phenri

Master Beater
Now with that said…. You posted this recently:

FIRST PROJECT, WITH NO TRAINING. SHOULD I PURSUE THIS?​

I have to ask when you say ‘no training’ do you mean you’ve been making beats / music for a while but had no outside training ?

Your productions just seem well above what someone would produce after suddenly deciding to start a couple of months ago. Feel like your kind of pulling our legs a little :unsure:

If I’m wrong then fair play and you’re a natural but I’m waiting for you to come clean and say alright I’m such and such and I’ve been producing music way longer than 2 months ago.

Or you’re mixing someone’s beat for them ? I’m not sure but this stuff doesn’t happen over night.
Full disclosure, my father died on Thanksgiving of this year and left me everything. I didn't even have a computer until I took one from his house. I have a good friend who has been trying to get into the hip-hop industry, and I thought (correctly) it might be fun to try my hand at making some beats for him. I guess I just have a knack for it, I don't know. Since setting up the computer in my home, I've been using Soundtrap online, and it's pretty intuitive. I don't know how much that has to do with it, but maybe I'm a natural. I don't know, I'm just figuring it out as I go. But I really appreciate your honesty and positive feedback. It definitely lets me know that I'm heading in the right direction.

Full disclosure, my father died on Thanksgiving of this year and left me everything. I didn't even have a computer until I took one from his house. I have a good friend who has been trying to get into the hip-hop industry, and I thought (correctly) it might be fun to try my hand at making some beats for him. I guess I just have a knack for it, I don't know. Since setting up the computer in my home, I've been using Soundtrap online, and it's pretty intuitive. I don't know how much that has to do with it, but maybe I'm a natural. I don't know, I'm just figuring it out as I go. But I really appreciate your honesty and positive feedback. It definitely lets me know that I'm heading in the right direction.

Then stick with it as the pirates beat to me is dope. Its not just thrown together you've really made the beat interesting, props to you Phenri. Phoenix from the flames :fire::fire::fire: