RUnning xp on Mac: vmfusion vs parallels vs bootcamp

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What are ya'lls opinions if you've used all three, or even just one of the three. What is better performance wise for production, and integration?

any feedback would be great

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
well, i'm running bootcamp, most stable, i wouldnt be running any daw software on a vm machine under osx, defeats the purpose of a macbook pro's performance hehe. Osx is for logic, bootcamp runs xp for FL and call of duty and some hardware editors/librarian software which only runs on windows machines. I havent found the need to run any other windows software on osx, in the process i create a sketch in fl, export it and switch to osx and import the files there.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea, i feel u... gettin xp so i can run FL in order to get used to stop sequencin again, cuz i'm gettin the maschine next month, and want to have a lil review on sequencin like that. been a few years, haha.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
there isnt much benefit from the machine as to running fl on it, it would run as just any other laptop...real benefit is logic imo as xp isnt as good as osx for performance but yeah...gotta have FL

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i hear ya, never really liked fl before... but with good vsts and pro tools its a great lil host

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
fl is a sketchbook, i agree the real deal is logic or pt as its a nicer environment to record in, in regards to gui. though i could manage the same in FL, has nothing on it quality wise but the difference is in FL i wouldnt be using exs24 as for the rest its the same eventually.

members online