The illest beat selling links

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well, I'll get it started:

SOCIAL MEDIA

Of course, anywhere on social media. Years ago I recommended Twitter, which is now X, which is a disaster, so don't bother.

But in 2023:
  • TikTok (it's insane the amount of traffic on there plus their algorithm is very good)
  • Facebook (most of the world is on it)
  • Threads/Instagram (can't forget the 'gram and the new Threads to go with it)
SELLING WEBSITES

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Well, I'll get it started:

SOCIAL MEDIA

Of course, anywhere on social media. Years ago I recommended Twitter, which is now X, which is a disaster, so don't bother.

But in 2023:
  • TikTok (it's insane the amount of traffic on there plus their algorithm is very good)
  • Facebook (most of the world is on it)
  • Threads/Instagram (can't forget the 'gram and the new Threads to go with it)
SELLING WEBSITES
Thank you @Fade

My idea was actually that everyone put the links to their personal profiles so everyone can check it out. Generating some traffic or sending rappers that way.

Kane the MOD

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Look how garbage this all is.
All these beats sound the same and aren't very good.

Shitstars.jpg

Kane the MOD

Still don't get any better...

But I'm glad to see there are beats up their for bigger coin. I wonder how many (if any get bought?)

Seeing as they get listed I might chuck a few up for a few thousand.

View attachment 6815
Is your point we should not aim to sell beats because the beats on Beatstars are trash?

You know the majority on the songs on Spotify I don't rock with but still find good music on there...

Kane the MOD

That really can't be too true tho.

How much should a beat that is ready for commercial use cost? Minimum

There is no minimum wage for beatmakers. Also, the majority of artists are not making money with music as a product.
If you work with a smaller artist, even if you split the revenue 50/50 of a track, which would be really good for the producer, it is very likely that the cut is 50 % of a few Dollars.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Years ago I said at least $50 for non-exclusive and at least $500 for exclusive.

Times change and I believe it should be higher today, but it just depends on the beat and what you think you're worth, plus what the market is like. Some might charge $5000 but that's probably more for those with connections. I think the majority of sales come through marketing and networking, not so much on the beat selling websites.

The main issue with the beat selling sites is it's been over-saturated for a long time now. Once everyone saw they could sell beats, a bunch of kids in their rooms started pumping out generic beats with Garageband and FL Studio. (No disrespect to Garageband and FL Studio.)

Twitter was a great place for networking like that, but now that site is in the trash.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
There is no minimum wage for beatmakers. Also, the majority of artists are not making money with music as a product.
If you work with a smaller artist, even if you split the revenue 50/50 of a track, which would be really good for the producer, it is very likely that the cut is 50 % of a few Dollars.
you're worth, plus what the market is like. Some might charge $5000

So reason I ask is cause of this.

Any kind of professional selling of beats/music, I've known 5k to be the going rate.

I'm glad to see you know a out 50 50 splits.

Personally if I was selling a beat for cheap I would go with the sell price AND 50 50.

I think in some places you're not supposed to be able to sell your copyright like that. But yeah.

Kane the MOD

So reason I ask is cause of this.

Any kind of professional selling of beats/music, I've known 5k to be the going rate.

I'm glad to see you know a out 50 50 splits.

Personally if I was selling a beat for cheap I would go with the sell price AND 50 50.

I think in some places you're not supposed to be able to sell your copyright like that. But yeah.
I see where your perspective is coming from.

But a lot of people make music as a hobby (like me) and there is usually not much budget to pay 5k for a beat.

I get that 5 grand for a beat from you is reasonable. It wouldn't be reasonable for my beats.

members online