1 CD, 12 songs: Your Picks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
so your making a mix cd of what YOU like and what YOU want to hear.

who is on it, what songs, 12 of them. and why.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Thats a hard question, it all depends on my mood. Right now it would be:

1) Biggie - Juicy ( what can u say, its classic)
2) Scarface - My Block ( i love the song)
3) Wu Tang - CREAM (Wu at the top)
4) Nas - It aint hard to tell (just love it)
5) A Tribe Called Quest - Check the rime
6) Big L - MVP
7) Tupac and Dre - California Love
8) Rakim - when i be on the mic
9) jay z - dead presidents
10) pharcyde - passin me by
11) Souls of Mischief - '93 until
12) ice cube - once upon a time in da projects

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
That's real hard. I get sick of songs too fast now. So everything I say would be real recent.

Outkast - I Like The Way You Move
Obie Trice - Get Some Teeth
Kanye West - On The Wire
Chingy feat. Snoop & Ludacris - Holidae In
Ying Yang Twinz - Naggin
Youngbloodz - Damn
Ludacris - Stand Up
Nappy Roots - Around The Globe
Ashanti - Rain On Me
Mya - Fallin
Jagged Edge - Walk Outta Heaven
Da Band - Bad Boy This, Bad Boy That

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
this is too hard .... but let me see ...

1/ Rakim : When I be on the mic (ill premier beat )
2/ Gangstaar : Tha Squeeze (same - feeling the cuts)
3/ Nas : Nas is Like (same)
4/ Busta Rhymes : Everything remains raw (feeling the sample and the drums)
5/ Pete Rock : true Master (nasty sample ... plus the rebel ins comes correct on this one)
6/ Ras Kass : Golden Chyld (Preemo and Ras ... this is too good to be true)
7/ Warren G : And ye don't stop (superb break and smooth guitar sample)
8/ NWA : Always into someting ( Dre at his finest)
9/ Slick Rick : Mona Lisa (too funny)
10/ Insane Poetry : Chopping up a body (this song is really stupid , that's why it's funny ... lol)
11/ Channel Live : Madizm (KRS rocks the mic , nice mid 90's beat and the cuts are just unbelievable)
12/ Public Enemy : Shut Em Down (love the lyrics ... ill break , nice cuts !)

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1) Big-Juicy
2) Jay-z -This Can't Be Life
3) Big-I Got a Story to Tell
4) Ice Cube-Today was a good day
5) Outkast-Jazzy Belle
6) Oukast-Elevators
7) Goodie Mob-Black Ice
8) Nas-2nd Childhood
9) Dre-The Next Episode
10) Xzibit-Foundation
11) 2 Pac-I Came to bring the pain
12) Chingy-Right Thurr!! haha..just kidding

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Originally posted by jclay12345
That's real hard. I get sick of songs too fast now. So everything I say would be real recent.

Outkast - I Like The Way You Move
Obie Trice - Get Some Teeth
Kanye West - On The Wire
Chingy feat. Snoop & Ludacris - Holidae In
Ying Yang Twinz - Naggin
Youngbloodz - Damn
Ludacris - Stand Up
Nappy Roots - Around The Globe
Ashanti - Rain On Me
Mya - Fallin
Jagged Edge - Walk Outta Heaven
Da Band - Bad Boy This, Bad Boy That

I like your list just because its on some new up to date shit. Your not living in the past like some other people. ( I'm going to get some people offened with that comment ) :lol:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't know how others feel, but threads like this are really boring now. You can post them if you want, but I just find they're a waste of time, with people posting a list of names of artists or their songs. I can see a use for these topics if people actually gave reasons next to their list, but to just post a list makes no sense to me. ;)

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Yeah I'm 24 ..... I like the good ol' days but I don't live in the past. People were asked if they were to make a mix cd of what YOU like and what YOU want to hear. Who would be on it. People named old songs as if there is no good new hip hop. I noticed a lot of producers in here want to hold on to the old form of hip hop. I could see a couple of old songs on there but the whole list? I can understand putting some classic songs on there but where are the new hits at. Thats all I'm saying. For me, I can't listen to a CD of all old songs when I'm riding down the street blasting my music. I need some new shit playing.(It looks low budget) Its like wearing a throwback w/airforce 1's. Its just played out. I can't do it. MY OPINION

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
heres a question: whats with everyone absolutely having to have the NEWEST, the LATEST of everything? what does it matter if it looks "low budget"?

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
^^ You tell me ... I don't know of anyone that said "everyone ABSOLUTELY has to have the newest and latest" And if you were really reading my reply I said "I can't do it" .... Its my opinion. Maybe you should read it again.

-What does it matter if it looks "low budget"?
-What does it matter what songs we would put on a Mix CD?

Your the one that started this meaningless thread.
I agree with Fade ..... what a waste of time ......

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm not talking about this thread in particular, but just threads like this in general. They seem to be popping up every day and that's not so bad, as long as people actually DISCUSS things rather than just post a list, that's all. The "Old school kicks" threads is a good example of how threads like this should go.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
a meaningless thread that you responded to, so it must not have been that meaningless. you had your opinion and no one took that away from you; i just read your reply and wondered why looking low budget was a problem. it wasnt meaningless until you decided you didnt like what someone had to say to you.

look, what i asked was in no way meant to be offensive, but in hindsight i could have worded things a lot better.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
If looking low budget isn't a problem to you, then go out to a club in a bleach stained, ripped, too small black T-shirt and some jeans with a ketchup stain on them and try to holla at the finest girl in the club. If they won't let you inside the club, wait in the same outfit outside, for the finest girl to walk out and then holla. Thats low budget. She ain't going to holla back I'll tell you that. I take pride in myself and how I look, so thats why its a problem. UNDERSTAND?

Oh yeah, this thread was meaninless before and after I posted a reply. The reason I did was because I'm at work bored with nothing to do and I was just passing time. :yawn: Not because I didn't like what you said.:cheeky: LOL

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
so... how does listening to an older song on your car make you look low budget? thats far different from going out looking like a slob.....

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Its about image. When I see people driving by blasting old music thats played out it looks low budget like you can't afford to buy a new CD. Or your just slow and not up to date.......
I'm done with this thread. I'll let you have the last word. Because were completely off topic.

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
1)pharoh monch-the light
2)akineyle-put it in my mouth
3)greatful dead- brown eyed girl
4)outkast-hooty hoo
5)50cent feat. loyd banks-pimp(and no it's not the song P.I.M.P.)
6)kelis-milkshake
7)n.e.r.d.-am i high
8)jada kiss and bubba sparx-they ain't ready
9)nine inch nails-money
10)sway and tech-the anthem
11)redman-how to roll a blunt
12)redman-soopaman luva(the one fron muddy waters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online