10 Beat Commandments!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
just wanted to chime in the "time it takes to make a beat" thing.

taking a month is fine, as long as ur making constant progress and perfecting the track to your vision. I was referring to when people force the beat. I think that its a sign of great producer to realize when something AINT hot and be able to move to the next thing. me personally i might not FINISH a track right away, but i know very early on (usually within the first 20 minutes) whether its gonna be something worth finishing. lol @ dre though .. not many producers have the luxury of getting a month to spend on a track, or 10 years to spend on an album for that matter lol..

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
A friend of mine has a ton of gear and popped out with his Yamaha FS-1R formant synth for some of the dopest shit I've heard.

Definitely a slept on synth, gear has come and gone in my life, however that is one piece I have never parted with.
It's got a real big sound plus the patches are really creative and tripped out too, and easy to edit with the four knobs on front. Multitimbrality is a pain, however the sound is dope...

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Definitely a slept on synth, gear has come and gone in my life, however that is one piece I have never parted with.
It's got a real big sound plus the patches are really creative and tripped out too, and easy to edit with the four knobs on front. Multitimbrality is a pain, however the sound is dope...

D,

The FS1-R is some tight shit, especially when you use the computer program they have on the net to fuck with it. It's an unbelievable piece of machinery.

You're 100% correct, it is one of the most slept-on synths. I heard something that was formant sounding in that Colby O'Donis track w/Akon. Where there's a repetitive formant in the background. I seriously doubt they sat down with the FS1-R, probably a sample.