10 dollar mastering? Can it be True?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
scandal said:
http://5beeproductions.com/

I found this site, dont know if its legit though.

dont strictly judge them by their site, even though its not the best looking

could be a diamond in the ruff

judge them by the quality of their work, ask for a sample of what they've done or if they've never done your genre of music send in maybe 1 of your tracks to get a sample of what they can do for you

and as always make sure your stuff is copyrighted

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Fuck the site just the idea of 10 dollar mastering gotta be completely wack and phoney

ill o.g.
Fury said:
Fuck the site just the idea of 10 dollar mastering gotta be completely wack and phoney

maybe, maybe not

lower price means more quantity its basic economics

just cuz the price is low doesnt mean its phoney, thats a stereotypical way of thinking

so u think because you pay more for something its always gonna be better or good?

I hope not

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
That's like taking your Lincoln LS to a dude to wash and wax it for a dollar-fifty.

Hey, if you a man of faith, you might be lucky. I wouldnt be surprised if that car had scratches and shit after he was finished, though.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
FistFulloDollaz said:
here's a few alternatives that may interest you

they all have better looking websites compared to the other since that seems to be a major factor to some

and just to throw it out there, the prices really arent that much higher when you do the math

http://www.crazymastering.com/

http://www.digitalsunspot.com/cd_mastering_rates.htm

http://www.masterbymail.com/

It's not about the look of the website, although in business, the first appearance and impression is the most important one. You wouldn't go to a business meeting wearing a shirt you were painting in earlier, with grease stains and shit all over your face.

But, all of these sites are definately gonna get a test run from me, especially since they offer the first track for free. I say anyone who's ever had mastering done by a company post their comments on the quality. Share that shit.

Thanks for the links, Mister Fister.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FistFulloDollaz said:
lower price means more quantity its basic economics
There's one big problem with that tho.

The problem is that mastering takes time. So essentially, a process that takes a good solid hour and a half or more (and that's if you know your shit), they're earning ten dollars. That doesn't add up. They might as well flip burgers.

Unless.... they load up Izotope Ozone, and flip to a preset... Then they're sittin on a goldmine. But do you want your material treated like that?

By the way, if anybody's interested (might as well plug myself) I charge $50 a track, and I know my shit. Check my link in my sig to hear my work. I give discounts for bulk. I'll also do a free track (but you're only getting back a minute of the track).

ill o.g.
mp3 said:
There's one big problem with that tho.

The problem is that mastering takes time. So essentially, a process that takes a good solid hour and a half or more (and that's if you know your shit), they're earning ten dollars. That doesn't add up. They might as well flip burgers.

Unless.... they load up Izotope Ozone, and flip to a preset... Then they're sittin on a goldmine. But do you want your material treated like that?

By the way, if anybody's interested (might as well plug myself) I charge $50 a track, and I know my shit. Check my link in my sig to hear my work. I give discounts for bulk. I'll also do a free track (but you're only getting back a minute of the track).

I agree with what your saying cuz if I had a mastering service I would probably charge more than $10.

but if you read they're website it says that they're doing it at an AFFORDABLE rate to help up and coming indie artists

in other words they may not strictly be motivated by making a ton of money off of their services

it might seem a little dumb to us but, who knows what they're mindset is, they may be getting money doing something else and they just love the art of mastering, who knows?

and also like I said earlier, if you look at the other sites I listed you will see that, they're prices arent that far apart

actually compared to others I've listed and seen online your price of $50 is pretty high

P.S.- I dont know many people that earn $10/hr flipping burgers either, that job usually earns somewhere around minimum wage

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FistFulloDollaz said:
I agree with what your saying cuz if I had a mastering service I would probably charge more than $10.

but if you read they're website it says that they're doing it at an AFFORDABLE rate to help up and coming indie artists

in other words they may not strictly be motivated by making a ton of money off of their services

it might seem a little dumb to us but, who knows what they're mindset is, they may be getting money doing something else and they just love the art of mastering, who knows?

and also like I said earlier, if you look at the other sites I listed you will see that, they're prices arent that far apart

True, good points.

FistFulloDollaz said:
actually compared to others I've listed and seen online your price of $50 is pretty high

I know, but I'm good at what I do. Plus I specialize in Hip Hop. A lot of those other places don't. And I throw a little mixing in there too, what I do (if the track needs it) is get the song tracked out into its individual components and mix it too. So you getting a mix and a master for $50. Now you can't beat that. I'm super quick with mixing, so that's just some icing I throw in on the top, but I only do it only if the song needs it.

(now if your song needs a full mixing, then I charge separately for that.)

And, you shouldn't shop on price alone, or we'd all be going to payless every two months...

The only thing I don't have is album credits (besides the two projects I've been involved in, and a whole bunch of tracks me and the homies did over the past five years). But that's why I do the free one minute sample.

FistFulloDollaz said:
P.S.- I dont know many people that earn $10/hr flipping burgers either, that job usually earns somewhere around minimum wage

Yeah but $10 for an hour and a half or two hours (whhich is how long I usually spend on a track) is right on point. Unless, like I said, they do it in ten minutes. So my $50/track really is about $25/hour when you break it down.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
Average Mid-level Mastering Houses charge roughly 75-100 bucks per hour.

10 bucks a track is a waste of time.

ill o.g.
mp3 said:
True, good points.

I know, but I'm good at what I do. Plus I specialize in Hip Hop. A lot of those other places don't. And I throw a little mixing in there too, what I do (if the track needs it) is get the song tracked out into its individual components and mix it too. So you getting a mix and a master for $50. Now you can't beat that. I'm super quick with mixing, so that's just some icing I throw in on the top, but I only do it only if the song needs it.

(now if your song needs a full mixing, then I charge separately for that.)

And, you shouldn't shop on price alone, or we'd all be going to payless every two months...

The only thing I don't have is album credits (besides the two projects I've been involved in, and a whole bunch of tracks me and the homies did over the past five years). But that's why I do the free one minute sample.

Yeah but $10 for an hour and a half or two hours (whhich is how long I usually spend on a track) is right on point. Unless, like I said, they do it in ten minutes. So my $50/track really is about $25/hour when you break it down.

considering that u mix and master, $50 isnt that bad

another thing to consider on a separate note is, should someone really be getting their tracks mastered

especially if its not a commercial release or anything, most mixtapes and street albums are good to go with a good mixing

members online