10 Hours Til MPC

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
There had to come a time...

I'm getting my first MPC today. It'll be a 1000. Despite negative and positive reviews, I feel as you all felt when you were about to cop your first MP, let alone first peice of hardware. I'm beyond excited. I know I'm late in the game but I feel I'm just beginning.
I plan on getting the extra RAM to max out it today as well. In the future I'll get the hard drive or something.

Just wanted to let everyone know and I'll post again when I actually have it.

For shits and giggles (don't have to respond), in what ways have you all upgraded your MPs and are there any links/info on possible storage capacities and harddrive installation tips? This coming from an MP newbie.

Anyone else cop an MP within the month? Thanks!!

(oh and 2 mo thangs...)
1. gotta new cat yesterday (Ziggy or Shalamar) can't decide yet
2. my birthday's the 26th....I'll be 27

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Happy Bday --- Ziggy is better (sounds like kitty and they all respond to that).
Man gettin any gear sets off endorphins so I know your hype...

I upgraded the memory to max ram the other day(thank you sanova) go buy CF cards ..
The kind that are a gig or more..
Check your sunday paper you can find em like for $15 when you get lucky. Otherwise its like $24 for a gig...
Buy sounds..Good Sounds..
I have some REALLY good sounds that Im happy with right now..
Your whole production tho is gonna be defined by your sounds..
Get the ebook on the 1000, get a dvd or somthin on the 1000.
Join mpc-forums..
Welcome to the club!!!
Sad you didnt get the 2500 I feel all alone but I know why...

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Get the ebook on the 1000, get a dvd or somthin on the 1000.
Join mpc-forums..
Welcome to the club!!!
Sad you didnt get the 2500 I feel all alone but I know why...

yeah, bout to get that ebook in a few minutes. I'll probaby get that samplekings dvd tutorial too, are there any other dvds solely on mp1k?

i feel the 2500 making its way into my setup in the future..

thanks

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
yeah, bout to get that ebook in a few minutes. I'll probaby get that samplekings dvd tutorial too, are there any other dvds solely on mp1k?

i feel the 2500 making its way into my setup in the future..

thanks

Congrats my dude, you're well on your way. The "MP" is pretty much basic. You can make beats right out the box. All the tricks and stuff is going to take some experimenting and messing around. The manual won't tell you the tricks, just all the technical stuff. Just mess around with it and you'll figure it out. Those dvds are helpful too, if you feel you need to get a couple. I would be a little "leery" about messing with samplekings because i knew someone that copped a "drum disk" from them for 60 bucks and it was wack. All they did was sampled the drums off of the motif and put them on a disk. "Sounds for samplers" has some decent dvds if anything. Like i said, congrats.

PS. Happy Birthday, 27? Wow, i thought i was getting old. (LOL)

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
I'll probaby get that samplekings dvd tutorial too...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pls... u'll be better of goin to youtube.

da relic

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pls... u'll be better of goin to youtube.

da relic

Oops, you're right, there are tutorials up there too. Matter of fact you can view a couple of "sounds for samplers" dvds up there...Where was my mind at???

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Got The Grand!

Thanx for all your help guys!

Like I said I would, I got that MPC 1k! (4/24)

First I went ahead and got the MPC 1000 book from mpc tutor, then printed/binded it at Kinko's. That book is awesome. Me and wifey went up to the guitar center and the "last one" they said they had was merely the display model. But they had just got a used one in and I copped that for $600 bucks!! I'm using the extra cash to get the 80GB hard drive for it. I'm using a 1G card right now and thats all I need til then. I'm gonna load the hell out of it. I made like 10 beats the day after I got it, so I'm still in my hyper-MPC mode. I haven't tried the others yet, but right now the 1000 is a beast.

YouTube has been very helpful and NO i'm not gonna get the crappy sample kingz one, but I'll visit mpc forums go and in/out of Illmuzik for anything else. Thanks again for all the tips.

one more thing....

Loops from the PC to the MPC; do you have to know the tempo to get the timestretching right. I'm having trouble with some of my pre-sampled loops...getting them to go along with my drum sequences.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sample the loop say if its 2 bars right?
Then make that continue to loop on that pattern/sequence while adjusting the tempo using the dial until it loops perfect .
Viola thats your orginal tempo for the loop.
Then you can adjust drums and whatnot..

For know, what I've been doin' (til I get used to the MPC functionality) is time stretching and getting loops to a tempo in FL Studio (lol...still need my baby), then I'll send it to my CF card to load up in my sequence. Any of you do that.....get everything looped up in the pc, then transfer (by any means) to your MP?

hOlLa

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
For time stretch u don't have to know the tempo.

Just set the "orginal tempo" to 100

and then if u set ur timestretched tempo to 102, u have increased the tempo by 2%
150 = 50%

90, then u have shortened it by 10%

innovative way to look at it.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
For time stretch u don't have to know the tempo.

Just set the "orginal tempo" to 100

and then if u set ur timestretched tempo to 102, u have increased the tempo by 2%
150 = 50%

90, then u have shortened it by 10%

innovative way to look at it.

Very nice...Good lookin out on that...Too bad I suck at math or the process may go quicker lol

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
also look into that New OS that JJ put out u can download it for free but in order to save u need the passcode which is 30 bucks I'm tellin u fam itz worth it the way my 1k is I don't need a 2000 nor a 2500 a lot of good features

members online