100% Sample Based -vs- Slightly Composed

• beat this! voting starts in...

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
I like to mix it up, I never do 100% sampled music.
I always have to compose something, even if its just the bassline or a changeup section.
I like to compose mostly, but when the inspiration aint there, flipping a sample gets the ideas going again.

I love composing over a sample...like Quality said...it helps fill in stuff,and you can come up with I'll shit doing this. Flipping samples without composing something over it such as a baseline or whateva, IMO that sounds unnatural.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
If I record my dick slapping against the palm of my hand, is that sampling or composing?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I really don't know how this is gonna go with me. Lately, I've been doing a lot of testing and experimenting with different things from sound to effects to chopping techniques and so on... One of my latest projects is a flip of a 70's joint with some 2010 snips layed on top. So far it's sounding pretty hot but I've got a lot more work to do to it before I can say this is what I want to do. I usually stay 80's on back.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I'm really into sampling, HEAVY. I've changed my style up a lot and I like to keep it sounding like the music I listen to mostly: Underground Hip-Hop. So, it's sample based production for me. I am pretty good at it now and sometimes there is a sample I chopped up and people think I played it so, I'll stick to what I do best: SAMPLING!!!