128, 160 or 192... Which Do You Use.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Wow, I saw in a forum where some cats were talkin' about 320, but the space it took up and upload time was a pain.

Depending on the length of the song you'll be under 10MB which is good actually (3:30 to 4:30) minute song. It's the next best thing to CD quality and worth it. You want to put the best you can out there. First impression is a lasting impression!

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
It all depends on where i'm uploading it to really. If i was to drop a track onto a forum i usually keep it at the standard 192.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
192 is fine for internet, though everything is usually 128..when i burn to CDs though, i use 320.

I never thought of burning mp3s to CDs. I always used wavs.(thinking it was the best quality)

I could have gotten so much more material on a Disc if I had done this.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
if you want full quality, burn the cds with .aiff formated files. i'm not exactly sure how, but that's the industry standard cd audio data.

Really?

So If I'm sending a "tracked out" version of a song, I should render each individual track as AIFF?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Here's the deal, as far as matching CD quality it depends on what you are listening to your CD and your tracks on. If you're listening to your track on a good quality (advanced) Hi-Fi system then you must use a minimum of a 256kbs to reach CD quality, 320kbs is even better (but your ears will never know the difference). If you're using your computer, 128kbs will equal CD quality (thats because the quality of the cd will be degraded on your computer). That means if you make your track on your computer and intend on playing it in a good quality Hi-Fi setup then you need to make it at a min. of 256kbs to reach CD quality. If not, go ahead and make it at a min. of 256kbs anyway just so you'll be good to go either way...lol.

Edit: For you really high tech cats, the type of encoding you're doing will determine what bitrate is best...Steaming MP3 Audio/ Constant Bit Rate (CBR) Encoding/ (ABR) Average Bit Rate Encoding or (VBR) Variable Bit Rate Encoding.

MAN ON FIRE

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Liar Liar Air Force 1's on fire!

WAV and AIFF are almost exactly the same thing. They are both containers for RAW PCM audio. The only difference is that WAV originally was a Microsoft / IBM standard and AIFF originaly was an Apple standard. They both will preserve the resolution of the CD PCM audio perfectly and untouched. It's bascially the never ending battle between Microsoft and Apple homie! One is no better than the other!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
WAV and AIFF are almost exactly the same thing. They are both containers for RAW PCM audio. The only difference is that WAV originally was a Microsoft / IBM standard and AIFF originaly was an Apple standard. They both will preserve the resolution of the CD PCM audio perfectly and untouched. It's bascially the never ending battle between Microsoft and Apple homie! One is no better than the other!

Absolutely Correct! there are some slight differences but like LDB said, One is no better than the other. It kinda goes back to the Mac versus PC battle (AIFF being Mac).

MAN ON FIRE

members online