13 Reasons Why Recording an Album is a TERRIBLE IDEA!

I came to the conclusion that he said at 13:50 after pretty much five years (or ten years in general) of living in a delusion. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

"If nobody's demanding it, then why the fuck you would supply it" -So I stopped supplying.
Shoulder Shrug GIFs | Tenor

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
They don't have the attention span for intros to a song either. It's gotten so bad.

Neither do I tbh.

Best believe if you submit a beat to the ill and it has an intro, I'm skipping that shit no remorse!

27 beats in beat this and you giving me intros? Nah, family. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Only exception is if your intro hooks me like it should.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
From a listener perspective, I still have the attention span for an album and intros depending on if the latter serves as a setup for a complete work, but thing is I don't blame many people for not doing them anymore due to the ADHD/ADD non music listeners of today's era.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Back in the days, you had to spend 10 quids for an album... the lucky ones could afford 1 or 2 albums per month... so we had time to listen to each and every second of the record 50 times before we even could afford the next. We had to rely on the radio to give us a preview of the artist before spending that money...
... I don't know if it was better then, but yes, once you had spent your money you were committed and their was a relation going between the artist and the listener...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Another challenge as me a memento both know well is finding a promotion company that isnt some fly by night operation
I think it's almost impossible to find such a company if you're just some unknown guy. I know what you mean because most of these "promotion" companies are just companies that hire people mostly in India that increase the number of views, subscribers etc. We've both experienced it and he who shall not be named was an expert in it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: 10 million streams and 100 000 sales within the first week yet nobody heard of him. I will never forget it hahahaha.

Interestingly though, I've heard that these types of companies are used even by some greatest pop stars/ rap stars to generate traffic within the first few hours when a new song is released. Let's say that Ed Sheeran releases a new song and despite the fact that he's a superstar they do it to his music just in case. I saw a documentary about it some time ago and it was shot by German company called Galileo. They have a TV show in which they describe various things from scientific point of view and one of polish tv channels bought the licence for it. Basically, there is a polish tv host but documentaries are shot by Germans with polish voice over. They're good, I like them. :D

Coming back to Ed Sheeran though the best example that even superstars buy views/comments/subscribers is Despacito. It is not possible that any song in the world would generate 7.5 BILLION of views considering the fact that as far as I know it is not possible to generate multiple views on one device. From what I know it works like this: you have let's say a smartphone, a PC and something else and most likely YouTube algorithm registers every one of these devices as one view. I know it also because I learned it the hard way xDDD. Back in a day (a few years ago) I tried to boost my views on YouTube so I was playing some of my beats in the background a few times and indeed the amount of views increased but on the next day all of the views I "generated" disappeared.

If you'd want to have a company that offers a real promotion (building a brand, taking care of your social media, promoting your stuff) I think this type of stuff would require either having a manager that would provide you with contacts to specific people or having a label. It would also require a shit ton of money to pay for these types of services probably.

I think it's almost impossible to find such a company if you're just some unknown guy. I know what you mean because most of these "promotion" companies are just companies that hire people mostly in India that increase the number of views, subscribers etc. We've both experienced it and he who shall not be named was an expert in it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: 10 million streams and 100 000 sales within the first week yet nobody heard of him. I will never forget it hahahaha.

Interestingly though, I've heard that these types of companies are used even by some greatest pop stars/ rap stars to generate traffic within the first few hours when a new song is released. Let's say that Ed Sheeran releases a new song and despite the fact that he's a superstar they do it to his music just in case. I saw a documentary about it some time ago and it was shot by German company called Galileo. They have a TV show in which they describe various things from scientific point of view and one of polish tv channels bought the licence for it. Basically, there is a polish tv host but documentaries are shot by Germans with polish voice over. They're good, I like them. :D

Coming back to Ed Sheeran though the best example that even superstars buy views/comments/subscribers is Despacito. It is not possible that any song in the world would generate 7.5 BILLION of views considering the fact that as far as I know it is not possible to generate multiple views on one device. From what I know it works like this: you have let's say a smartphone, a PC and something else and most likely YouTube algorithm registers every one of these devices as one view. I know it also because I learned it the hard way xDDD. Back in a day (a few years ago) I tried to boost my views on YouTube so I was playing some of my beats in the background a few times and indeed the amount of views increased but on the next day all of the views I "generated" disappeared.

If you'd want to have a company that offers a real promotion (building a brand, taking care of your social media, promoting your stuff) I think this type of stuff would require either having a manager that would provide you with contacts to specific people or having a label. It would also require a shit ton of money to pay for these types of services probably.
i was on a website many years ago, I was the second most popular artist, behind Pitbull. Yes, that Pitbull. It was another of those exploitation sites I think, but yeah even back then I realised that big labels with money to throw around do use these people to bump up the numbers.
The whole fucking music industry is fake as fuck, its all smoke and mirrors, unless you bend over and touch your toes at the industry parties then the chance are, you will stay underground.

Didnt watch the vid, but planned to record an album someday...

Fk ppl and their attention spans..
If this is something that will make you happy then go for it. :) Nevertheless, the video made a valid point that when you are an unknown guy from some place on earth and your fan base is a handful of people then it's not a good idea to record an album as it would be just a waste of money and time.

I have a lot of friends who have their "bands" and they have about 700-1000 followers on social media, they play concerts from time to time etc. Each time they record an album their stuff is bought 90% of times by their friends. :LOL: And they all have copies of their own albums unsold somewhere in their apartments. And most of the times from what I know the income they made from sales only covers the costs of production and recording. And this too happens only sometimes. Usually it's just a waste of money.

i was on a website many years ago, I was the second most popular artist, behind Pitbull. Yes, that Pitbull.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Hahahahahaha WTF?! :D I've never heard about it but it's funny as hell. :D

The whole fucking music industry is fake as fuck, its all smoke and mirrors, unless you bend over and touch your toes at the industry parties then the chance are, you will stay underground.
True.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
If this is something that will make you happy then go for it. :) Nevertheless, the video made a valid point that when you are an unknown guy from some place on earth and your fan base is a handful of people then it's not a good idea to record an album as it would be just a waste of money and time.

I have a lot of friends who have their "bands" and they have about 700-1000 followers on social media, they play concerts from time to time etc. Each time they record an album their stuff is bought 90% of times by their friends. :LOL: And they all have copies of their own albums unsold somewhere in their apartments. And most of the times from what I know the income they made from sales only covers the costs of production and recording. And this too happens only sometimes. Usually it's just a waste of money.
I get you, you re totally right on this one. The thing is, if ever, then ill release my shit for free. xd
Yeah it will consume my time, but i aint got better shit to do with my life. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Nevertheless, the video made a valid point that when you are an unknown guy from some place on earth and your fan base is a handful of people then it's not a good idea to record an album as it would be just a waste of money and time.

The reality of the waste of money coupled w/the fact I have no friends is why I've long abandoned the idea of an album.