2 PC's or more.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I was for a while. I used one (Dell) for music and the other (compaq) for the internet purposes. I got tired or running back and forth downloading plugs, programs and uploading my beats

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I use one strictly for music. The other one i use for internet and video editing and shit.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I just recently acquired another smaller pc from a relative only 40 gb hard drive, but has a cd burner i am setting it up in my lo fi room to record beat skeletons, and sounds that i want to bring into the hi fi room where my monitors are. I mix down and re sequence in there.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have two pc's as well. i dont really use them in any combined method but i do find it nice to have the option and the space. esp since one is a laptop and one is a desktop it just makes it nice..

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sorry I haven't answered. I've been a little busy. But thanks for the suggestions. I read that article at Tweakheadz and was just curious if anyine was was using a setup like this. Always looking for ways to improve the setup!

C

Copenhagen

I thought about combining my 2 pc's at one time, but didn't find it worth my while or necessary. I therefore just use the newest for music and the second for internet stuff etc, to avoid viruses on my music pc, as already mentioned.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
BruceWayne said:
a good note never use the pc you make music on for the internet
if you get a virse you are done and so is all your work and programs

Don't i know it ! yea if i had the money to be running a second pc thats mos def wot id do keep the inet seperate !

A

ACEBEATZ

Like many poeple said here, using a dedicated PC for music worth the price.

I use one for net and games, and the other strictly for music.

I try to buy software and plug-in the most I can. Anyway now internet is a virus nest.

Havin a dedicated PC give you all CPU only for your processing too. Erasin every software and driver that you dont need on it. Keepin a burner software, a reader (WM Player, iTunes,etc.), an editor and a sequencer. Delete the rest!!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
ACEBEATZ said:
Like many poeple said here, using a dedicated PC for music worth the price.

I use one for net and games, and the other strictly for music.

I try to buy software and plug-in the most I can. Anyway now internet is a virus nest.

Havin a dedicated PC give you all CPU only for your processing too. Erasin every software and driver that you dont need on it. Keepin a burner software, a reader (WM Player, iTunes,etc.), an editor and a sequencer. Delete the rest!!
I plan too get a second one too, for the same reasons.

MikeMiz

ill o.g.
One strictly for music/games, and the other in the living room so I can watch football on the wide screen (while surfin the net.) Mostly used on Sunday's and Monday nights... Also use it for extra storage.