2 Problems

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
First I'm having a problem with high end sounds (crashes, hats, chime,etc.) I get a lot of digital distortion. I lower the volume and I still get it. More so now that have began converting my mp3 in higher bitrates.

Second, when I use vibes or organs, I get this unwanted echoing distortion.

How can I fix these?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Joe I'm headed to church but here's a start...for your high end problem, make sure you have enough ram, if you have a gig or less, check your programs that are running in the background, disable those that you dont absolutely need but make sure you know what you're disabling. It may solve both problems...just a quick check. I'll check back with after church.

good luck,
-dac-

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
First I'm having a problem with high end sounds (crashes, hats, chime,etc.) I get a lot of digital distortion. I lower the volume and I still get it. More so now that have began converting my mp3 in higher bitrates.

Second, when I use vibes or organs, I get this unwanted echoing distortion.

How can I fix these?

When you convert from mp3 to wave you will have some sound loss. Doing the reverse you won't.

When you convert from mp3's what are the bitrates of the mp3 files? When you convert them to wave what is the converted wave bitrate?

You have to remember that converting from smaller to larger bitrates can cause drastic sound stretch that may cause this problem. If you have to convert, it's always better to go from bigger to smaller as opposed to smaller to bigger. Taking an mp3 that is 128, changing the file type and increasing the bitrate to say wave 320 is a no no!

I'll give you an example of what you're doing digitally! Say you have a jpg(picture) that's only 100x100 pixels. You make it larger to say 500x500. Look at the image after you've converted that.....jacked up huh? Now take a jpg 500x500 and make it smaller. It's smaller but you have the same clarity...maybe even better! It's the same concept for music. Going from bigger to smaller=Good, going from extremly small to bigger= very possible distortion.

If you have to convert a mp3 that's 128 to wave, convert it to wave 128 or 192...no larger. If it's distorted at 192 take 'er down.

Let me know if this helps.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
I'll render a wav of my my mix to edit. After editing, I listen to the track. It sounds fine. I convert that wav into an mp3. I check it, it sounds fine. When I upload to myspace, that's when I notice the distortion.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
may just be myspace then. If u have a soundclick account load it up there and see if there's a difference. What is the bitrate for the mp3 when u upload it to myspace?

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
may just be myspace then. If u have a soundclick account load it up there and see if there's a difference. What is the bitrate for the mp3 when u upload it to myspace?

I tried 192 and 256.

SOLUTION***** I re eq'd... it's fixed now. Thanks you, to all!!!!

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
your mix might be off as well. are you using monitors, mastering and such. also try going to cd first and listening to it on a few different mediums, like a jambox, clock radio, etc.... then going from the cd rip to mp3.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've noticed that when you put the myspaceplayer volume as high as possible, it starts to distort. But in this case I think that this isn't really the problem because the volume is automatically set in the middle.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
I've noticed that when you put the myspaceplayer volume as high as possible, it starts to distort. But in this case I think that this isn't really the problem because the volume is automatically set in the middle.

I think MySpace needs to revamp their music player. That joint has too many glitches.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
All i know about the MySpace player really is that it will re-encode your uploaded track(s) as when i first my an account i used a 320kbps file to see how it would sound having downloading it from the player itself and when it had completed it was turned into a 128kbps...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
myspace is a pretty low quality stream ... its also slow and unreliable .. but thats to be xpected when theere could be millions of users on a given moment .... honestly the best streams i have ever seen are offered right here at ILMUZIK! .. crystal clear and mad quick. Get A VIP account or an artists page and u are good.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Question, try a single instance of the crashes ur using - program one note or w/e of it - and export that.

When you play that file in Winamp or Media player - are you still getting the distortion ? If it sounds close to how it sounds when u audition it in your program, then its probally the FX and EQ you are using.

With one of the tracks ur experiencing this with, try bypassing all ur compression and EQ, and export. Then play - and see if its changed.

Another option could be your monitors/speaker going out

or an option/eq/setting on your digital mixer thats causing this.

I used to mix in an audigy back in the day, and set presets for different FX when im playing songs, and forget to turn it off or change it when im making beats

*** I seen that you fixed it ***

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
With one of the tracks ur experiencing this with, try bypassing all ur compression and EQ, and export. Then play - and see if its changed.

or an option/eq/setting on your digital mixer thats causing this.

That was part of it ,right there.