Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reactions: NaT

Charlie

TheHipHopRecords
Great list. Not sure about some of the placings but it's good nonetheless:

Many of those on that list are easily in my top all time favorites, and it's interesting that they mention Liquid Swords as being a winter album because I always though of it like that. :D

The main takeouts of the list are the Onyx and the Bone Thugs n Harmony albums. I mean no dis-respect to the others on that list but I think Onyx with their "Bacdafucup" and their "Slam" anthem and there whole raspy rap delivery was something new and unseen at the time.

Some people say it was Busta Rhymes who started all that raspy rap and they could be right because Leaders Of The New School (Who Busta was a member of) came out before Onyx. But if Busta started it then Onyx took it to a whole new level and gave raspy rap a whole new audience.

At the time it seemed like all Onyx wanted to do was break necks, heads and eardrums (lol) But as hardcore as they were tryna front like, they were actually more popular with the pop crowd than the hardcore hip-hop crowd.

And then Bone - Thugs N Harmony who musically, were the direct opposites Onyx. They were very soulful. But "The Crossroads" as soulful and as gentle as it was had a serious message, more serious than any of the tracks I heard from Onyx. Crossroads was their anthem and still sounds good today. But yeah that's my take out of that list

PS - Maybe that could have put Cypress Hill in there to.

members online