Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Hip Hop: ___ > USA...

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
its not even the beat alone.... its about the overall production and sound... i wish i could understand what the fuck they are saying though. would sound that much doper. to me, its hard to hear rap that aint in english. french/italian is that "love language". hard to hear it over some HARD ass drums..... rather hear them try to rap in english... ha...

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Ah man I have to disagree, some French emcees are HARD, check the vids below.

but I hear you on the language thing , when you hear somebody rapping in a language/accent you're not familiar with, it can be a big turn off.

its not even the beat alone.... its about the overall production and sound... i wish i could understand what the fuck they are saying though. would sound that much doper. to me, its hard to hear rap that aint in english. french/italian is that "love language". hard to hear it over some HARD ass drums..... rather hear them try to rap in english... ha...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
mainstream French Hip Hop is wack wack wack....just like the American mainstream if not worse. All lot of stuff you see posted on Youtube is from the 90's or underground (most French kids age 13-18 don't know about 20syl-Hocus Pocus and the likes).

I took 3 years of french and have limited understanding of what they say in the music.

20syl, Khondo, Mellowmaniacs a few I can remember, there are a ton though. French hip hop is where I wish US hip hop was.

members online