36 Mafia wins an OSCAR!!

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Ok, this is HUGE for hip hop. Now, I know Eminem won the Oscar a few years ago, with Loose Yourself. A well deserved win as well. That song was a classic and was prefect for the movie. BUT, Eminem was sort of the a different situation. He was mainstream, and sort of connected hip hop with hollywood in a way.

But 36 Mafia, this is HUGE!! They are the LAST people I owuld ever thing to win an Oscar for best song in a movie!!! To be honest, I didn't like the song (It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp), and I'm not a huge fan of 36 Mafia (although that I Stay Fly song was FIRE), but I will give respect where respect is due. It was a big night for hip hop

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I had no idea that Hard Out Here for a Pimp was by them.

I was told, before I even saw the movie, that those songs were by terrance howard ?

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
I was shocked when i was watchin it on the tube.. but i'm happy for them tho. They are the reason that i started producing

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Damn dats new newz to me didnt know they won an oscar and didnt even know that song waz by them. Thankz fo dat needed dat info. Gotta keep up wit it cauze that will be tommorow's history if u know what i mean.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
They should have done of their more evil/ Devil songs...if you know what I mean...like Robbery or Fuckin with this Click...and then watch the audience's reaction

B

Burna

Damn, I had no clue that they won. Who would of thought of 36 winning anything. lol.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Thats Whassap! I'm happy for them Memphis Boys. Thats real big, 3 6 got the first oscar for a hip-hop track! C'mon yall know them 3 6 Mafia joints be bangin! Even tho there ignant as hell.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
"Do you think you're the first awards winners to wear diamond grills?"

"...it smells good too!"

HAH

Where's Classic at? I thought he'd start this thread.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
wow thats fuckin ill. three six mafia gone sky high in my ratings now. i never thought they were that good.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
That's what I'm talkin about! Big up 36! Respect.

members online