36 Mafia wins an OSCAR!!

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Hard out there for a pimp must have been the only song in movies. Oscars have depreciated in value now.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
wow thats fuckin ill. three six mafia gone sky high in my ratings now. i never thought they were that good.

Is that in term of respect, or in terms of how good you think their music is. That'll be pretty weak if you start liking their music just because they won an award. maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
That's dope man! Them cat's worked hard for that and It's well deserved. 3-6 has always been one of my favorite groups. They are like the Dirty South Wu-Tang clan..

T

The Bastard

im glad they finally blew up,they been makin ill muzik that went unnoticed for way too long. wasnt there a bitch in their crew? gangster boo?

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Kevin A said:
Hard out there for a pimp must have been the only song in movies. Oscars have depreciated in value now.

I gotta say I agree. Congrats on winning and all... but wouldn't it be more valuable if the song that they won with was actually worth a shit?

I know I never wanna blow up on the strength of any of my wack music. Hell naw.

T

The Bastard

Dantson said:
I gotta say I agree. Congrats on winning and all... but wouldn't it be more valuable if the song that they won with was actually worth a shit?

damn iu didnt feel it at all? i didnt think it was mad ill but i think its a cool song ,im happy they won over sum brokebackmountain yanni laced tracks type shit they had goin on for the otehr niminees, the first song they play in the movie is better than hard out here for a pimp if u ask me, that fuckin beat/rap was hard

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I'm not haiting or anything... I'm glad they won. I just think that something a little less "pimp-related" would do more for the image of hip-hop... Had Common won a Grammy with "Be", I'd be real excited, because that's like 50 steps forward for the media and public's perception of hip hop... I mean, there's alot of damage control to be done in the wake of stuff like "Laffy Taffy" and all that.

O

open mind

ManDAmyth said:
Is that in term of respect, or in terms of how good you think their music is. That'll be pretty weak if you start liking their music just because they won an award. maybe I'm misunderstanding you?
cosign

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dantson said:

No offense, BUT YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR HATING!!

Didnt you see the press conference link i posted?

Juicy J said it perfectly when he stated that "the song was chosen off of the strength of its strong relation to the character in the movie"

Three six won the Oscar for:

"Achievement in written song for a motion picture (Original Song)"

Then they were the 1st hip hop act to perform on the Oscars in FRONT OF A BILLION VIEWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO MATTER WHAT . THEY ARE HIP HOP ARTISTS.
THEY MADE HISTORY=--FOR ALL OF US HIP HOP HEADZ--THEY PAVED THE WAY FOR US PRODUCERS

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN BROTHERS ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING, SOMEBODY WANTS TO HATE FOR THE MOST RIDICULOUS REASONS

DONT HATE, CONGRADULATE THREE 6 MAFIA FOR MAKING HIP HOP HISTORY

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
BluPHI!!! said:
Then they were the 1st hip hop act to perform on the Oscars in FRONT OF A BILLION VIEWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correction....only 38.8 million viewers. A billion?! you're crazy lol

But it was a big night for hip hop regardless...

Eminem started it 2 years ago when he won the Oscar for 8 mile. But he didn't even show up to the awards show because he didn't think he had a chance to win. Luckily after Eminem won, 36 Mafia knew they had a chance to win so they showed up, perfomed, and defiantely had the suprize moment of the awards show...

FlipDaSoulfisha

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
They are one of the few Hip Hop acts that have ever won an Oscar...! Remember that's an actors genre of media, so to get one is pretty prestigious!

FlipDaSoulfisha

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
benny beatz said:
and the gay movie was supposed to win right?

hollywood likes three 6 cuz they satanic 3 6 = 666

Homie... 666 isn't even the mark! The hebrew text doesn't have numbers as a seperate thing... numbers share the same symbols as letters in the Hebrew Text, plus it's Six Hundred Threescore and Six (Revelations 13:18) It represents the number of a man and the number of his name. Do a little research. It's not your fault... a lot of people have been misdirected when it come to that subject. Anyways... not tryin' to give some sort of Bloodclot sermon, just droppin' a Jewel cause a had the opportunity... Ya Feel Me!

•RESPECT•

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
six is sin in hebrew...

i don't even know what that passage is...

u think its somethin more like 12 ?

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
FlipDaSoulfisha said:
Homie... 666 isn't even the mark!
666 may not be the mark of the beast, but it is a symbol of evil. It's a fact that people all over the world associate 666 with evil. I have no doubt that 3 6 mafia was smart enough to understand that this is not a symbol of evil, before using the symbol. Because many people have gave power to the symbol 666 through ignorance, it now has the appearence of evil, and if you are wise abstain from it.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
Okay, lets get out of the whole religeon crap and get back on topic,,lol

By the way,,,I listened to a soundbite from their acceptance speech,,,,they must of set back Hip Hop about 20 years wit their ignorance,,But yaaayyyy for them.

So just because they were happy to win an oscar then that makes them ignorant? Wow