4 bar loop.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
can anyone tell me how to chop a sample to exactly 4 bars, i want to loop a 4 bar sample but don't know how to tell if it's 4 bars or not- i use adobe audition 1.5.thanx that kid

C

Carpe Diem

just listen to it and find the logical place to cut it...if ya unsure, leave it run a bit after your guess then play it for 4 bars in ya sequencer n mess bout with the bpm till it fits n loops as ya want...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
hey kid, heres another technique.

export the loop into a wave and open it up in adobe to see the exact time [length] of the 4 bars

then timestreatch the sample to the exact length of the 4 bars [in adobe].

that doesn't always work, it's just anotha option

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Listenings the key....and that relates to what spin said. Heres what i always do: Open the joint that im bout to sample, and then scan through the part im bout to sample....Aftwards, i go oever a few more times and then i know i want whatever part it is....So now when u listen to that part again, dont watch a clock or nothin like that, instead count in "4's"....Count in 4s four times obviously for a 4-bar loop. If the sample feels like it simply isnt in time with a "4-count" then it aint worth yer time basically. Sometimes theres obviously exceptions tho; like when all it would take is a small timestretch since u can hear it working, but its just a little off, in that case its all good and u just need to tweak it a bit, but for the most part if yer regular timing in yer head dont match up then it really aint a descent sample to let ride for a whole 4 bars. You can also chop the fucker up and play parts of it out like chords similar to what premo does, but still thats another subject that doesnt apply to what yer askin.

STEEZ

(oh i forgot to mention: the information i dropped above is in regaurds to a 4/4 meter.)....If the Meter were different, you would obviously not be counting in 4's everytime.)