Beat This! Competition - April 17-18, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from April 17-18th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on April 17th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on April 18th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/ranks/cat/bthis/

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: Full Song Singing
Time Limit: 4 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: YES
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

• You must make a beat with singing on it!
  • It can have rapping too but it has to be mainly singing.
  • The time limit is up to 4 minutes.

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer20240241718.jpg

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
When it says full song singing does that mean they have to be singing from second 1 until the 4 minutes or can they pause for breath and musicality? Also does it even need to be music or can we submit a painting of someone singing? Maybe as a video file of a still painting that lasts 4 minutes?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
When it says full song singing does that mean they have to be singing from second 1 until the 4 minutes or can they pause for breath and musicality? Also does it even need to be music or can we submit a painting of someone singing? Maybe as a video file of a still painting that lasts 4 minutes?

:headache:

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Was going to jump in on the next battle but I don't have the time or desire to find a vocal track. Maybe some vocal chops but 4 minutes of singing?

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

Mr_SWADA

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 1
Was going to jump in on the next battle but I don't have the time or desire to find a vocal track. Maybe some vocal chops but 4 minutes of singing?

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC
I'll show you a pro gamer move:

Take withney houstons "and Iiiiiiiiiiiiihhiiiiiiiii" chop it, make a sample out of it, ad a midi melody with slides, add more of the "iiiiiiiiiiihiiiiii" till the 4min are full... et voila... 4min of straight singing....

Thank me later

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I'll show you a pro gamer move:

Take withney houstons "and Iiiiiiiiiiiiihhiiiiiiiii" chop it, make a sample out of it, ad a midi melody with slides, add more of the "iiiiiiiiiiihiiiiii" till the 4min are full... et voila... 4min of straight singing....

Thank me later
I thought that's what the battle was, i.e. constant vocal sample A Mili style, but Mister @Fade said the submission need to have an acapella/vocalist over it.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
MAKE A HIP HOP BEAT

INCLUDE A SUNG VOCAL ON IT (acapella or recorded)

MAKE IT A FULL SONG. (With the singing as the main vocal for verse/chorus)

Why's it always so difficult for folk?
:this:

And it's UP TO 4 minutes. It doesn't have to be a full 4 minutes. You can make it 10 seconds for all I care. Maybe even record yourself hitting a note while you squeeze your nutsac really hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.