5 Things Wrong with Rap Music

JaxxForever

ILLIEN
1. Killing People
This one is shameful because I don’t know any other music genre that does this. 99.97% of these rappers haven’t killed anyone, yet, they try to be creative with different ways to destroy you and your life. It’s one thing to talk about the things you have experienced in your life time, I know I haven’t lived in the best neighborhoods either. It’s something else to talk about murdering someone in every song. Kids are listening, and they usually repeat what they hear.

2. Disrespecting Women
I don’t know about you, but I love women. The world would be very gay without them (that was a joke). I have a mother also, so this is not the way you’re going to convince me that all women are bitches and hoes. They are the mothers of our children, a cornerstone of our communities and people we need to appreciate and respect.

3.Lyrical Content
I hate the radio. Why? Because constantly hearing songs about booty popping, and drinking in the club doesn’t always do it for me. With this site, I have a voice, and I choose to use it to inspire and educate people. I believe everyone is allowed to have their own creative form; so rap the way you want, but I’m not a fan of it when it dumbs the mainstream down. Your voice can be used to uplift, educate, inspire and much more. How about you use it wisely for a change?

4.Money
Rappers try to sell you the idea that they live a lifestyle with tons of money, big houses, exotic cars, etc. They don’t. There are a small handful of rappers (Diddy, 50 Cent, Jay Z, Kanye, etc.) who are living the lifestyle they rap about. Most rappers struggle day to day, paycheck to paycheck just like most of us.

5.Crime
This somewhat goes along with #1. Most of you rappers aren’t doing what you rap about, and honestly, I don’t know why anyone would brag about going to jail. Times are hard for everyone, but lying about committing crimes, and putting ideas into the youths minds isn’t cool, it’s sad.

This article is taken from hiphopmakers. I would like to share this to everyone. Though not all rap song has the qualities mentioned above, I totally agree with this article and I believe this will help us make a good rap song.
What is your opinion on this?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I think the topic is really played out. The conversation needs to be what are you doing to seriously affect the music landscape? How are you bringing the music that does the opposite of these things, to the forefront? What are you doing?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
Gotta agree with Unorthodox on this one. I'm a guy who prefers to light a candle instead of cursing the darkness.

On my end, material I make tends to be more in sync with who i am today. I am a God -fearing husband and father of 1,hip hop lover,sports lover,reformed felon,NYC born,Houston raised,with heavy Trinidadian influences,movie lover,chess lover,clothes and cologne lover, avid reader,full-time mc,part-time producer,budding audio engineer. My music depicts such. Yet as an artist, I reserve the right to rap about what ever I want, real or imaginary, figurative or literal.

As a rap fan, my main concern is not if some rapper is actually doing the things he's rapping about.

In rhymes now, i don't curse, or use the word nigga. Not that I'm against either necessarily. As an artist, I feel those things have been major crutches for me for far too long, and I desire growth. This is not something I hold other artists to, this is my personal cross.

These are a few of my candles:

http://soundcloud.com/sober-minded-music/my-philosophy-pt2-jobe-prod-by

http://soundcloud.com/sober-minded-music/pearls-for-the-swine-jobe-of

http://soundcloud.com/sober-minded-music/never-not-clean-jobe-of

http://soundcloud.com/sober-minded-music/live-your-life-jobe-of

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
:)

Didnt realise the link is Europe only...

@soberminded; Listen to Louis Logic, hes king at non swearing insulting lyrics lol

on that tip

members online