50 ready to retire if outsold by Kanye...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Okay, I don't know which of these dudes has the bigger ego,,,but peep this:

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- 50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums."
An e-mail sent to West's publicist wasn't immediately returned Friday.
50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, has been publicly disparaging of West before, suggesting the 30-year-old rapper's popularity was only possible because of 50's own success.

But they recently collaborated in the studio. Their work, though, isn't scheduled to appear on either new album.

50 Cent's last full-length solo album, "The Massacre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release. The same year, West's "Late Registration" opened by selling more than 860,000 copies in its first

DISCUSS.......

Makes me wanna buy Kanyes album just to see the back of fiddy.
I have to say the hype for these 2 albums is the biggest ive seen for a long time, maybe even ever. I reckon they came up with this little bullshit battle scheme to sell more albums when they were working together. Its the oldest trick in the selling hiphop albums book. Only this time its bigger than ever.
To be entirely honest, Ill prob cop Kanyes album just to hear the beats hes dropping, I couldnt really care about fiddy. Hes overexposed now and Im bored to hear his voice. And couldnt really care for the whole bitches, hoes and gangstering anymore. Its been played out and the kids all wanna be gangbangers for it. Bring back hiphop with a message, a message that empowers the youth with knowledge & respect for others. A knowledge that they can acheive their goals through hard work, gain a desire to acheive and reap the rewards when they do acheive. Rewards are so much more appreciated when they are earned. Easy come=easy go, work hard to gain something and you treasure it so much more.
Bring back De La Soul and Tribe Called Quest, hiphop needs a positivity injection, somebody think of the children, they are the ones paying for the music, and being manipulated by its content too. Artist like fiddy should stay underground, gangster rap is underground and as such can be appreciated for what it is, it should never have become mainstream "pop" music. Take the big money out of hiphop and it will improve greatly, when people make music for love and not money the results are there to see. Sure we need to make money out of what we do, but we dont need to be "Super Producers" breaking the "pop" charts, and being played on all the airwaves. Hiphop isnt mainstream, it should never have become mainstream, thats what rnb is for.
Being white, I see hiphop as being a representation of the struggle to survive our day to day lives, living and going without things for a lack of money. Doing what you have to do to put the food on the table, the fight against the system that oppresses the minorities and the weak. Its about overcoming extreme odds to make a success of your life, to be able to put back into the community and doing your bit to make it better than what it is. Its not about diamonds, hummers, gold and money for yourself. Its about the eternal struggle between the haves and the have nots. Being a have is bad if you dont give anything back to where you came from. The hoods aint getting any nicer places to live, the bling bullshit brainwashes the youth to be selfish money/material seekers, regardless of who suffers or gets hurt along the way. Thats what i see in the kids these days anyway. Somewhere along the line, around the time of Eminem maybe even before that with the whole Puff Daddy era, hiphop lost its way. The market was opened up to a whole new market of "White" fans, as the hiphop market exploded and hit the mainstream, so did artists that followed eminem hence the success of fiddy. Hiphop needs to get a shovel and take its self back underground, if the labels wont do it , because they have become greedy for the money, we need to start our own small labels and do it for the love, not the no1 smash in 20 countries, thats pop, not hiphop.
"I might go bang but I wont go pop" I cant remember who said it, but its a great line.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
First of all...I'm not a 50 hater. Dude has done numbers and made the money most of us can only dream of. You can't be honest and say he hasn't been one hell of a business man from day one. He may not put out epic shit but he's far from the worst cat in the game.

Now back on topic. I actually believe he's ready to step back and concentrate on other things. The check he just got or is about to get from that vitamin water shit would definitely have me doing nothing but executive type shit in music and entertainment. Win lose or draw as far as that challenge, he has to put out one more album before his deal is up I think. His last album might be a few new songs and a bunch of remixes but after that I think he's going to take his career in a diff't direction. He definitely has the finances to do what ever he wants to do and I'd be damn if I would continue the grind that is this music business after having the solo success that he has. If he does decide to stay in the game the next deal he gets will be some unheard of control and money type shit. With the way the industry is going right now and the very few labels actually making money. I believe he'll get what ever he demands from one of the major 6. Hate him or love him...in a year of two fif will be 5 times richer than he already is and in a bigger position of power. And on a last note...I think he will do better numbers than kanye because kanye has as many haters as 50. I like his music but you gotta admit that he's one of the most conceited bastards ever. lol

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
fuck em both. Nah, on the real, I'de listen to KW before anything 50 put out. The fact that Kanye help put Rhymefest and Common out more is big. Lupe,,,ehhh, not so much. lol. The album wasn't bad, but I listened to it twice maybe. Anyways, we all know it's a marketin scheme. Wouldn't be the biz if it wasn't. And for the record, I don't care how much money you got, skills are skills.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
me and my girl where actually just talking yesterday that 50 is begining to die down.... he has reached a plateau where he cant do much more .. he will always be trying to live upto "get rich or die tryin" which will never happen... out of 4 singles, "i get money" is the only hot one imo. amusement park, straight to the bank, and the one w/ justin timberlake are all pretty wack ... 50 has limits whereas kanye can pretty much go anywhere with his music... i predict kanye outselling 50

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
That might be true Stress....but if it don't make dollars "in corporate America" it don't make sense.

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Makes me wanna buy Kanyes album just to see the back of fiddy.
I have to say the hype for these 2 albums is the biggest ive seen for a long time, maybe even ever. I reckon they came up with this little bullshit battle scheme to sell more albums when they were working together. Its the oldest trick in the selling hiphop albums book. Only this time its bigger than ever.
To be entirely honest, Ill prob cop Kanyes album just to hear the beats hes dropping, I couldnt really care about fiddy. Hes overexposed now and Im bored to hear his voice. And couldnt really care for the whole bitches, hoes and gangstering anymore. Its been played out and the kids all wanna be gangbangers for it. Bring back hiphop with a message, a message that empowers the youth with knowledge & respect for others. A knowledge that they can acheive their goals through hard work, gain a desire to acheive and reap the rewards when they do acheive. Rewards are so much more appreciated when they are earned. Easy come=easy go, work hard to gain something and you treasure it so much more.
Bring back De La Soul and Tribe Called Quest, hiphop needs a positivity injection, somebody think of the children, they are the ones paying for the music, and being manipulated by its content too. Artist like fiddy should stay underground, gangster rap is underground and as such can be appreciated for what it is, it should never have become mainstream "pop" music. Take the big money out of hiphop and it will improve greatly, when people make music for love and not money the results are there to see. Sure we need to make money out of what we do, but we dont need to be "Super Producers" breaking the "pop" charts, and being played on all the airwaves. Hiphop isnt mainstream, it should never have become mainstream, thats what rnb is for.
Being white, I see hiphop as being a representation of the struggle to survive our day to day lives, living and going without things for a lack of money. Doing what you have to do to put the food on the table, the fight against the system that oppresses the minorities and the weak. Its about overcoming extreme odds to make a success of your life, to be able to put back into the community and doing your bit to make it better than what it is. Its not about diamonds, hummers, gold and money for yourself. Its about the eternal struggle between the haves and the have nots. Being a have is bad if you dont give anything back to where you came from. The hoods aint getting any nicer places to live, the bling bullshit brainwashes the youth to be selfish money/material seekers, regardless of who suffers or gets hurt along the way. Thats what i see in the kids these days anyway. Somewhere along the line, around the time of Eminem maybe even before that with the whole Puff Daddy era, hiphop lost its way. The market was opened up to a whole new market of "White" fans, as the hiphop market exploded and hit the mainstream, so did artists that followed eminem hence the success of fiddy. Hiphop needs to get a shovel and take its self back underground, if the labels wont do it , because they have become greedy for the money, we need to start our own small labels and do it for the love, not the no1 smash in 20 countries, thats pop, not hiphop.
"I might go bang but I wont go pop" I cant remember who said it, but its a great line.

Well said mate - couldn't agree more!!

Dunno who originally said it but I heard "I might blow up but I wont go pop" on De La Soul's Buhloon Mind State.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
50's a sick business man.....but unless I'm drunk slumped in a club...I really don't wanna listen to his shit. Kanye makes some sick shit.....but then he'll do some wack shit like that robotic soundin track he got out now. I seen the video the other day and he's truly wearin some white sunglasses....lol

bottom line....I hope to sell a fraction of what these niggas sold in my lifetime....but I'd never compromise my character to do it.

oh, by the way........WHAT UP MAFUCKAS! SEND ME SOME BEATS!!! HAAAAHAAAAA

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I'm pretty sure that 50 just said this to at least inject SOME interest in his new album. He's released like 4 new songs and no one seems to give a damn, I mean that song with Timberlake, is that even in the Top 100?! Either way, I think 50 is a great business man, and he's said it before, that he probably isn't the best rapper but he sells.

In case anyone missed the leak:

http://www.divshare.com/download/1615201-c57
Kanye West - Barry Bonds (Produced by Nottz)

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Wayne is diggin a rap grave right now.
50 is gonna be here forever whether u like it or not, hes done in 4 what most people hope to do wit their whole careers, and his fans are priviledged to get as much music from him, im a huge Nas fan but imagin if his catalog was as large as 50's. 50 didnt reate the mixtape game but he changed it, he changed mainstream hip hop (for better or worse) and hes influencing pop as we speak. son is brilliant, i fuck wit Kanye too but let 50 have his time.
I do think all this reitrement shit could backfire though but it could go either way, these are pivotol albums for the both of them for Kanyes third time round hes developed enough enterest to where he has a lot of eye on him and hes a marquee artist at Def Jam right now and he has pressure to deliver.
Think T.I. around Urban Legend this third album can secure his place in hip hop.
50 however is losing a little steam but he also is on his third album and with this he can show people he still got it and shift the tide. Think A-Rod, he bout to be a free agent and he need numbers to negotiate when his contract is up.
Neither of them is wack, i cant wait.

Dont Forget To Cop That New 50 VS. Kanye Mixtape...its Free in the Basement Section of the Forums

Kanye is doing the rounds on UK mainstream radio right now, I heard he was one radio 2 today, you dont get much more mainstream that that, except radio 1, but hes prob gonna make an appearance there too. No word on fiddy yet. Im sure its just a matter of time, but kanye is definitly winning on the whole getting yourself out to promote your shit front, well in the uk at least anyway. If was going to bet on the outcome id say kanye will win the "battle", he might talk out of his arsehole, but he has a much bigger "pop" following in my opinion, thats mainly down to the beats, a lot of people dont even listen to the lyrics, I mean sampling Daft Punk, if that aint going for a pop following I dont know what is. I think this battle will be won by the artist that appeals the most to the youngstas that pay for music. And on a pop front I think kanye gets it, the fans want someone that thinks they are the greatest artist that ever walked the earth. Kids buy into the whole self confidence thing, its just a hunch but I think Kanye wins. Besides like I said before fiddy is overexposed, I find all his tracks sound the same now. I was once a big fan of fiddy, when he was fresh and the beats were hot, I dont think they are anymore. Not Kanye, he can still bring heat if only on the beats.
Not that I really care about the outcome, because we are now talking about pop music.
But thats my breakdown of the situation as I see it.
Im sickened that they chose 911 as a marketting tool to further their own careers, on 911 I will be thinking of the lives sacrificed for the new world order, not some stupid commercial battle between 2 popstars.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
fuck em both. Nah, on the real, I'de listen to KW before anything 50 put out. The fact that Kanye help put Rhymefest and Common out more is big. Lupe,,,ehhh, not so much. lol. The album wasn't bad, but I listened to it twice maybe. Anyways, we all know it's a marketin scheme. Wouldn't be the biz if it wasn't. And for the record, I don't care how much money you got, skills are skills.

lupe is good wut u talkin about ..the only thing i dont like now is common is such a pussy on every track now since bein wit west..he always had his own swagger and never violent but he had some gangsta beats and ate em up now hes just so pussy to me..just my opinion from hearin ressurection and one day itll all make sense..

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
my new prediction : SWIZZY edges em both out ... suprisingly .. hes the only one on the radio that im feelin at the moment... hes got 4 songs out now .. and all of em are HOT....

u right ash swizz is comin back I'm not feelin him but he is comin back I got a feelin ruff ryders may come back u can't even count how many times swizz is played on hot97 btw angie show n flex show

as far as 50 n West I don't listen to neither of them but I kno this Milk D is gonna love that check if I Get Money makes the album

but I also like the remix but I only like Milk D verse