50cent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
His first LP (the one with 'How To Rob') was dope, I liked it a lot. Now, his style is ewwww. I guess I'm just sick of the whole party/club/hot tub/Crystal vibe.

B

BeatTRibe

Lyrics are run of the mill...he's got some good flow...but I'm always leary of anybody getting all that hype...they aren't usually all that.

C

Copenhagen

I'm feeling 50 Cent but I think the hype about him or for that matter anything of Shady/Aftermath has become a joke...

One day, soon I think (and hope and pray), people will finally loose their interest in listening to the same Eminem's aggressive-white-trash-lyrics over and over and over and over and over again...and then the interest for his artists will most likely fade too.

B

BeatTRibe

I much as I like em, I don't think he's the best and only rapper out there, as a lot of white kids seem to think. So amen to that bratha.

T

Trell

I think 50 is nice he put out alot of stuff in underground mix tapes by himself. He writes real fast but when he wonts too he brings it lyricly.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
I had only heard a bit of his underground stuff 'how to rob' etc and thought that was pretty kewl so when i heard the hype about his new album with Dre i thought i betta check it out ! At first i really liked it, but as you listen to it more and more u realise that the lyrics aint all that and the beats are just repetitive !

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dre didnt give him most of the beats he was gona use on his album matter afact if you look at the credits dre only did 3 or 4 tracks on the whole cd.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
look goin4broke witha name like that your goin no where but dont get mad that 50 is getting money get yourself some too and stay away the hater raid jug cause you been drinking too much!

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
i see you in new york so i can see why you are a dick rider now as for me being a hater naw bruh never that i didnt come here to have some lil dude try to front. i state facts you dont believe look in the source wit him dre and em on the cover and read it dont just look at the pics. you will find out that those beats were for DRE's album. and by the way i cant help it if the dude is trash. i see you love him so ill let you have your opinion let me have mine.

PEACE Kid!

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Naw cuz i dont love 50 but im gona state facts too he sold 3.5 mill and at the end of the day the man can give his kid a life that he might of not had or been able to live if he was doing it any other way. I love rappers that say something that make me think but last time i remember if i wanted to learn something really i would of pick up a book or went back to school cuz! No rapper can tell me or help out with my life in 3min song/60+min cd thats why when i pick one to listen to i take it for what it is entertainment just like i would with Robert Dinero and a movie! Well if you wasnt a hater you would just respect his numbers cause money talks and bullssshit runs track! I know 50 aint the hottest rapper as far as lyrics or a message but the people who cop he cd must not want to hear that "We are the world black man" B.S. Oyea im from New York and im also from SSSSSSSSyracuse! Whats really good we bringin it home this year! But be easy cuz im not tring to go to war over son but i know and hope that if dre gave him some of the beats he is happy he did cause they gave 50 a million dollars up front and i know ya felt they was stupid for that then he drops3.5 million them cats made there money back and then some. Hell with it its all peace im abouts to drop the mic...............................................................................................................................

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
you see this turned into something it shouldnt have been. bottom line i respect the numbers i respect the man the lyrics suck the beats is tight, but lets be honest if he wasnt with dre and em he would still be underground and not selling 3.5. and like i said before DRE gave him the beats he was going to use on his album thats all i said never said he mad the beats i just said the was going to be used on dres album. so as far as being a hater you can leave that shyt at the door.

ONE!

oh and for the record the orange men are going to take it.

peace

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If I remember correctly, 50cent's first LP was produced by Trackmasters. So I guess he's always had a strong hookup for his beats, it's just now he's with Dre instead. I don't know if he'd be a nobody if he didn't hook up with these guys, but most likely because he's just an average rapper. (notice how I didn't use the term 'MC').

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
being real, I like da 50 back in da day, even though he was gettin on any and erbody, even people i liked I sitll was like he got flow, but now since dat money rollin in, for him goin commercial, it hurts to see good talent shut down for commercial usage, but hey i'll do it for dat cake to, but one mo thang, is it me or dat 50 is singin on every song like he say ja rule do he doin it to, like every song on his cd get rich and die tryin has a singin hook, don't get me wrong some songs r hot, well da beats r hot, cause u know who lace them but da singin on every track I hate dat,

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
oh yea i know 50 had the triple double going with his own fans/dre fans/em fans/ 50 could not lose but everybody got to understand that all of this happen so fast and 50 might of not had the greatess of time to put it all together right plus at that point it was only right to cash in on all the hype as fast as they could. Alot of 50 songs people can say they herd but there still gona be people who hasnt so they said just run with it. I think 50 should be judge more on the second album for the fact that this was a Get Rich Quick Off The Hype Quick Cd. I feel most artist have a 3 to 4 album cycle.....if the first album is good the second one will always sale but if the first album is trash(Canibus) its gona be hard to get the second one sale. BUt if the first one is hot and the second album is not too good you still get a third chance but if that album sucks the forth wont even get out the studio but since 50 sold 3.5 mill the chances are yall gona see him at lease 2 more albums so we all should just get use to his non moving mouth when he talks ass. gggggunit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online