50's Project Hit Squad

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
50 CENT'S NEW BUSINESS MOVES

FYI

50 Cent has locked in on a new music venture. According to rumor, 50 Cent is currently building a team of young beatmakers & producers to spear-off his new hitmaking team ntitled G-Unit "ProjectHitSquad," a partnership with EMI publishing. From what I understand, the first producer signed to the team is Baltimore native Calvo Da Gr8, who happens to catch two placements on 50's new "Before I Self Destruct" album. Dude also co-wrote Ciara's "Like A Boy" record.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
It'll be interesting to see what kinda heat they put out. Every 50 Cent project has a least one really dope cut on it. Baanks and Yayo's last mixtape CDs were dope as hell.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
50 CENT'S NEW BUSINESS MOVES

FYI

50 Cent has locked in on a new music venture. According to rumor, 50 Cent is currently building a team of young beatmakers & producers to spear-off his new hitmaking team ntitled G-Unit "ProjectHitSquad," a partnership with EMI publishing. From what I understand, the first producer signed to the team is Baltimore native Calvo Da Gr8, who happens to catch two placements on 50's new "Before I Self Destruct" album. Dude also co-wrote Ciara's "Like A Boy" record.

Translation:

50 Cent realizes he doesn't have leverage without creating songs - increasing his negotiating position at the table. He figured out if he screws over more of the big-name producers he won't have anymore hits. 50 is now exploiting talented producers to write songs for him under the auspices of some exploitative contract he'll force the producers to sign so they feel they have an "in." This "hitmaking team" (I mean, writing pool) which he will exploit to the fullest has a partnership with venture capitalist Guy Hands, who bought EMI and is looking for different revenue streams as he's figured EMI has none except their back catalogue.

50, in order to build social proof with other producers, to make himself look "honest" probably paid Calvo Da Gr8 to put a good face on the project, which Calvo agreed.

This is 50 trying to squirm out of his fuqqups with Jimmy Iovine.

This is 50 being a very smart businessman.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
^^^
look into it.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I apologize, let me give you some background on writing pools. I wrote a detailed thread about the practice several years ago. It is my estimation that 50 is creating such a writing pool to create a new revenue stream from song publishing - both for his own records and for others willing to pay.

Link to my Writing Pool post:
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4566&highlight=writing+pools

Regards...

BobCarter

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
50 is a crafty fellow...although I think alot of people behind the scenes are making these "wise business decisions" for him...

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Translation:

50 Cent realizes he doesn't have leverage without creating songs - increasing his negotiating position at the table. He figured out if he screws over more of the big-name producers he won't have anymore hits. 50 is now exploiting talented producers to write songs for him under the auspices of some exploitative contract he'll force the producers to sign so they feel they have an "in." This "hitmaking team" (I mean, writing pool) which he will exploit to the fullest has a partnership with venture capitalist Guy Hands, who bought EMI and is looking for different revenue streams as he's figured EMI has none except their back catalogue.

50, in order to build social proof with other producers, to make himself look "honest" probably paid Calvo Da Gr8 to put a good face on the project, which Calvo agreed.

This is 50 trying to squirm out of his fuqqups with Jimmy Iovine.

This is 50 being a very smart businessman.

Damn this sounds like a chapter out of 48 Laws of Power

Hes being a businessman.
He has aknowledged that there is a vast pool of artists currently unrecognized that he can capitalise on.
So now he is going to exploit that avenue to continue to make money, its business pure and simple.
In relation to God's thread about trends, I see a trend that has developed as a result of the music market being opened up by a mass of wannabe's. On the back of shows like Pop Idol, and the glamorization of the SUPER PRODUCERS, kids wanna be stars.
I have seen a mass of websites capitalizing on this new market. Even Illmuzik capitalizes on this market.
Not to mention the myspaces and facebooks and other social networking sites.
I remember a thread of Shadeed's from a while back, when he mentioned the rise of the internet mogul.
People capitalizing on the dreams and aspirations of those that seek to be famous.
As more people seek that path more internet moguls will have a market to abuse.
50 Cent is no different in that respect, hes just going for his slice of the pie before there are too many other internet moguls taking their cut of it.

I would like to point out, I have joined a few "Showcase" sites, some are clever scams with automated plays and emails, others really do offer no return on investment at all, even if it is fake.

I see the labels not willing to give up their domination of the music industry, even given the massive rise of the bedroom artist and free music becoming widely available(which changes the nature of the game - hence ever falling sales).
The industry is still in flux as it tries to think up ways to maintain control over music and profit margins.
This 50 Cent scheme is just one of them.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Damn this sounds like a chapter out of 48 Laws of Power

That's cause it's business. He has a business/hustler's mind.

I hate to say it but this dude's career is pretty much over. That is rapping, I am sure he's got money in other shit. I think he is trying to get away from G-Unit and trying to spark something else with a different crew name and shit...

I think you're right - it would be over unless he came out with something equivalent to Get Rich or Die Tryin'. He won't. He's busy making money capitalizing on his fame and connections. I would too if just eight years ago I was shot nine times and almost died. I wouldn't want my kid growing up poor, so I'd hustle and make some bread.

He's also in his mid to late thirties - he HAS to make a change.

Hes being a businessman.
He has aknowledged that there is a vast pool of artists currently unrecognized that he can capitalise on.
So now he is going to exploit that avenue to continue to make money, its business pure and simple.
In relation to God's thread about trends, I see a trend that has developed as a result of the music market being opened up by a mass of wannabe's. On the back of shows like Pop Idol, and the glamorization of the SUPER PRODUCERS, kids wanna be stars.
I have seen a mass of websites capitalizing on this new market. Even Illmuzik capitalizes on this market.
Not to mention the myspaces and facebooks and other social networking sites.
I remember a thread of Shadeed's from a while back, when he mentioned the rise of the internet mogul.
People capitalizing on the dreams and aspirations of those that seek to be famous.
As more people seek that path more internet moguls will have a market to abuse.
50 Cent is no different in that respect, hes just going for his slice of the pie before there are too many other internet moguls taking their cut of it.

I would like to point out, I have joined a few "Showcase" sites, some are clever scams with automated plays and emails, others really do offer no return on investment at all, even if it is fake.

I see the labels not willing to give up their domination of the music industry, even given the massive rise of the bedroom artist and free music becoming widely available(which changes the nature of the game - hence ever falling sales).
The industry is still in flux as it tries to think up ways to maintain control over music and profit margins.
This 50 Cent scheme is just one of them.

Actually, if you got in 50's writing pool, you'd get good credits on your resume, as opposed to a "showcase" scheme. You could move on to other producers or on your own if you pen a couple hits for 50. I'm sure Apex (I Got Money) is getting offers because 50 selected his track for the Curtis album.

Actually, if you got in 50's writing pool, you'd get good credits on your resume, as opposed to a "showcase" scheme. You could move on to other producers or on your own if you pen a couple hits for 50. I'm sure Apex (I Got Money) is getting offers because 50 selected his track for the Curtis album.

I agree it would be good for the resume, but would it be good for the bank balance.
It comes down to an artists willingness to sacrifice some income to gain some exposure and possible income streams later. An artist with no money to spend on their own self promotion doesnt have too much to lose in respect with what can be gained by some good placements.
I didnt intend to mix up two arguments, the internet mogul sites and what 50's doing are two completely different things, but they both exploit the same market of the wannbe superstar (dj/emcee/producer)delete as necessary.
In trying to point out the trend of the growing market of bedroom artists that are a great business opportunity, open for exploitationwhich was intended for a completely different thread, I mixed up what I was saying.
50's seeing this market as a revenue stream is good business sense on his part.
One thing about 50, he has made some good business moves.