6 Days left! We're presenting the cover and setlist.

Cover.PNG

On the album there will be 11 instrumentals/beats. Four of them were made by @Memento Beats, four by @2GooD Productions and three of them are effects of the mutual collaboration.

1. I Am Awake (2Good Productions & Memento Beats)
2. New Life, New Rules (Memento Beats)
3. In Cold Blood (Memento Beats)
4. You Bark, I Bite (2Good Productions & Memento Beats)
5. 740d (Memento Beats)
6. Kingpin (Memento Beats)
7. Cartel ( 2Good Productions & Memento Beats)
8. Vendetta (2Good Productions)
9. Endgame (2Good Productions)
10. New Order (2Good Productions)
11. 2020 Visionary (2Good Productions)

Will there be some scratching on there too? Also, is there a theme for the album?

Yeah, there is a theme for the album. However, it all started in a bit chaotic way because at the beginning we weren't quite sure about how our collaboration should look like. It started spontaneously by me sending a message to @2GooD Productions, asking him about collaboration. And later on I came up with the idea for the gangster theme and he expressed his approval for this concept

Basically our concept is to tell a story of a man who chose the bad way and discovered that being a criminal is his true destiny.

This is why the opening track is titled "I Am Awake". I'm not gonna lie, I'm a big Breaking Bad fan so we structured the whole album to depict a similar story to that of Walter White. At least that was my way of thinking.

Besides the nature of our collaboration suits the title. According to the definition a syndicate is a group of individuals or organizations combined to promote a common interest usually on an international level. So it fits our situation. I'm from Poland, he's from the UK so :D

I'm very proud of this collaboration as it has been the first time when I let someone mess with my music XDDD. It takes a quite big dose of trust to let someone do something with your concept. Or to let someone mix your parts in their way. Also to accept compromises when it comes to ideas.

But @2GooD Productions proved multiple times that despite the fact we live in different countries, despite quite big difference in our age and most importantly the style he is trustworthy guy and I can honestly say it. I recommend working with him as I learned a few things from him and I hope that he also learned something from me.

It's funny but we exchanged more than 300 messages here on Illmuzik, not counting emails and messages on Facebook. :D When we started writing to each other it turned out that we have a similar approach towards certain things and this is the most surprising thing for me that I found a person who let's say is my "spirit animal" but he lives about 2000 km away from me and is 20 years older than me. Without this forum it would have been impossible for me to meet him.

As far as the musical side is concerned, I do not think that there will be any scratches on the album. I doubt it. Definitely not in my beats. As far as I know in @2GooD Productions beats there are also no scratches but there are still 6 days to release :p

Also when it comes to music, I'm very content that we managed to find the way to do something together despite the differences in music styles. But you may be surprised with beats that we made together.

Will there be some scratching on there too? Also, is there a theme for the album?
No. no scratches from me Im afraid. My turntables have been packed away for about ten years hahahahaha. I still have serato, just not the space nor had the practice to keep the scratches tight, Id need a few weeks of practice for that, time I just dont have. Would have been nice, but it is what it is.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm glad you guys were able to collab like this, it's dope. Age is whatever, no big deal though, as long as each person knows their stuff that's all that matters.

@2GooD Productions I hear ya. I don't practice like I used to even though I keep telling myself I should. I really miss those days where that's all I did! I'd spend hours. Fucking internet has ruined us.

I'm glad you guys were able to collab like this, it's dope. Age is whatever, no big deal though, as long as each person knows their stuff that's all that matters.

@2GooD Productions I hear ya. I don't practice like I used to even though I keep telling myself I should. I really miss those days where that's all I did! I'd spend hours. Fucking internet has ruined us.
I know right, Id spend hours practicing one particular scratch, used to really love djing. Then when I lost my flat and had to move into a room, Ive never had the space since. Now Im finally back into a decent paying job I will be getting myself a flat again in the not too distant future, I cant stand people at the best of times, let alone having to live with them hahahahaha

members online