9th Wonder Comments On Jay Dee

B

bunzino

J dilla is tha man ! he's my numba 1 favorite producer. i've been studing him.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I just picked up this months issue of Modern Drummer, great interview with Questlove from the roots. He was saying how much he digs Jay Dee's style. He also said that Jay Dee does his beats as 128 bars, and keeps the mistakes in. That's a hot MF style..

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
okay...yall might laugh at nigga. but who is JAYDEE. I am from the SIP. I heard of the pharcyde....i had their first album with passing me by on it. educate me on JAYDEE.....ANYONE...YOU..YOU...YOU.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Thanks!

Mr Keyes said:
There is only one "Jay Dee" James Yancey we not talking about "JD"

anybody that wants to check out most of Dillas production catalague from around 93 onwards check out www.rensoul.com/v3/artists_jaydee.php there are full audio tracks on there interviews and other good stuff.

peace

I am a huge Jay Dee fan and this site has a lot of his production. Beautiful. Thanks for the link. Love, Peace and Hairgrease!

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
i just read at AHH.COM that JAY DEE was supposed to do produce some songs on Common's new album, "BE". Kanye will do majority of the project and Jay Dee will pick up the rest. This might be Common's best album ever. I am patiently waiting for that joint to drop.

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
jaydee my 2nd fav producer, right under madlib..or side by side

jaydee is ya fav producers fav producer.

check out pharcyde's labcabincalifornia he produced like 5 tracks on that album...

diamond dee and bootie brown did the rest.

jaydee dropped a classic back with welcome to detroit...back in like 99/2000

of course fantastic voyage....

i def put jaydilla up there with the greats....dre, premo, rza, peterock....

jaydilla playin alot of instrument now 2, aswell as sampling