9th wonder is overrated

changalang

i make beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
the first time i herd god's stepson from him i was like "wow this shit is hot". but after a while u can tell he uses the same drum sounds over and over and the beats arent that well done to me. i wasnt impressed by the little brother album either. any1 else feel me (btw im not saying im better)

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
everybody got hype off the gods stepson, wheni first heard it i liked it a lot but after a careful listen to it, i didnt find it as tight as i did when i fris heard it, i still like it, but like u said it wasnt that well done, and he totally fucked up book of rhymes, the beat is crazy but he didt try to sync it or anything, i havent heard the little brother album, but he does all his shit on fruityloops so considering that im still amazed

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yeah he does use a lot of the same drums, but i am waiting a while to heaar what else he can do before i rush that judgement..... i just feel like he gave hip hop a needed boost of flavor this year with the little brother album and god's stepson. i feel the same way about the syncing... he could have taken a longer time to complete it and really made a huge difference, but thats cool with me- its still a good listen!

as far as the beats themsleves not being well done, i disagree because the tracks on the little brother album are all very clean (in my opinion.....) and even though he uses the same (if not similar) drum sets, it really isnt that much different from say, kanye west, just blaze, primo, etc., in that the sounds he does use are what make it his signature sound. at the very least, his use of similar sounding kits gove the album very good continuity....

ill o.g.
I dont think using the same drum sounds is really a problem. I mean rock musicians use the same drum kit night after night.

one love

B

BeatOff

Some of his beats sound off beat, like they were sequenced wrong trying to catch up with the sample. Other than a few of those beats he makes some dope shit.

C

Crate Raider

i hate to say it and i dont mean to come off arrogant....but nobody on this site has shit on 9th wonder, as well as most of these plain ass producers you fing on ughh.com...listen to the Justus Leage stuff before you judge him on versatility anymore. and about using the same drum sounds, i think people should do that, it allows you to stand out more and be more recognizeable, well maybe not all the same sounds but have a select few

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by Crate Raider
i hate to say it and i dont mean to come off arrogant....but nobody on this site has shit on 9th wonder, as well as most of these plain ass producers you fing on ughh.com...listen to the Justus Leage stuff before you judge him on versatility anymore. and about using the same drum sounds, i think people should do that, it allows you to stand out more and be more recognizeable, well maybe not all the same sounds but have a select few

What does that have to do with some peoples opinions of not feeling his stuff? i'm sure you havent heard everybody on this site. To group everybody together. Thats your opinion as well which doesnt mean much.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
crate raider, dont elaborate on that anymore.... seriously all you will do is piss everyone off and to be honest there are cats here who "got something" guerva is nice, metrosoul is nice, monster mashin, inrcty hoodmuzik, excel..... i can name names for days and i guarantee you they will all make a mark on hip hop....... so really, "not to sound like a jerk, not to sound mean...", but shut up. mods, warn me or whatever, but comments like this this site doesnt need.

while your opinion is just as valid and valuable as anyone elses, however sometimes you need to just keep it to yourself or find a better way of communicating it.

C

Crate Raider

whoa calm down buddy...no need to get heated over someones opinion, i say it how i see it. and for the record guerva, metrosoul and inrcity are insane, in no way did i mean to put those cats down i got nothin but respect for them, if anything i was just biggin 9th up cuz hes one of my favorite producers right now and my beats are on a similar vibe....

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
hey whos this "GUERVA" kid everyone is talkin bout???

MY NAME IS GUEVARA!!!!!! LOL im just fuckin wit yall...i could care less about the name, long as the beat is tight and yall know who did it.peace.

Guevara aka CiTY BoY

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by Truth Told
crate raider, dont elaborate on that anymore.... seriously all you will do is piss everyone off and to be honest there are cats here who "got something" guerva is nice, metrosoul is nice, monster mashin, inrcty hoodmuzik, excel..... i can name names for days and i guarantee you they will all make a mark on hip hop....... so really, "not to sound like a jerk, not to sound mean...", but shut up. mods, warn me or whatever, but comments like this this site doesnt need.

while your opinion is just as valid and valuable as anyone elses, however sometimes you need to just keep it to yourself or find a better way of communicating it.

I think everyone that was mentioned should thank truth...

Thank you Truth Told

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Crate Raider should be named 9 Wonder's [Dick Rider] and Muzik Fiend [bitter]....Don't step into the ring w/o your mouthpiece, because this site has got some HEAVYHITTERS.....

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
i just got this one.... yeah chang... i feel you....

9th wonder good.... but not all that.... i like whitowlbundy more than him anyday..
way more complete....

but 9th wonder in my top five on soundclick....

yeah i do think they sweat him 2 mch... but that fam... so it's all good..

E

esaych

funny how nobody addressed the little brother album.
yo given, i'm biased as I was raised in the now calculus, but i feel that album's tracks were brilliant.
palatable and smooth enough for the party, but with substance that the headz need.

y'all stay up.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
do some research, remember theres no such thing as a dumb question, just dumb people.

H

Hypnotik

9th is NOT underated...

NEPTUNES?... now there more over rated the 9th,..

Get out of here..

peace

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
HOW IS NEPTUNES OVERATED.... THERE ALBUMS SUCK... BUT KNOW ONE SAY THERE ALBUMS ARE GREAT... THERE EXPERIMENTAL... AND FUN... 2 THEM..
ITS THE MUSIC THE MAKE 4 EVERYONE ELSE THAT CRAZY.... I KNOW EVERYBODY HERE HAS ONE NEPTUNE BEAT THEY LUV..

2 EVEN PUT A NONAME PRODUCER WITH NEPTUNES.... IS EXTREME DICKRIDING...
NEPTUNES PLAY THERE SOUNDS..... NEPTUNES PLAY KEYS/GUITAR/DRUMS//..
NOT THE TECHNIC 1200... IT'S FUNNY HOW EVERYONE HERE HATES ON ANYONE MAKING MONEY... ONCE SOME OF YOU BROKE FOLK... MAKE MONEY ARE YOU GONNA HATE ON YOUR SELF.....LOL... 9TH WONDER 2 NEPTUNES.... HELL NAW..

members online