9th Wonder rollin' soooooolo

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
It's disappointing just like when Big Brother (Tribe) broke. 9th will be fine cuz he has so many side projects, and Khrysis is tighter to me personally. Bot I fear for Pooh, Phonte is an enterprising dude, mc, stand up comic, and like some one else said the brains of the operation. He is poppin up everywhere on cameos. Pooh needs support though. I had to guess, I bet 9th felt like he didn't need the group. I read an interview where he likened his production methods to a factory, to me that ain't puttin your soul into the music, rather the music into a formula. that's the biggest knock on 9th too, that he is too formulaic. That said the Listening is ill, but Minstrell show was illlllll.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
9th Wonder said that the reason he uses the same snare is that people keep asking him to use the same one as in Threat

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Naw, Preem don't. He got a LOT of different drums.

Just listen to random records produced by him in a random order and you'll hear what I'm sayin.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
alot of other producers do to thats what makes there sound noticible that same drum snare stuff is old let it go he losin money cuz of it peeps still want his beats

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
if people talk shit about 9th using the same snare and what not talk shit about Primo.... He drums,all in all, sound the same........

no now ur def buggin primo doesnt use the same drums sounds they have the same flavor but there not the same..if u notice his snares are picked by the way the sample sounds..he slaps a snare that best matches the way his sample hitzz.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
But then again, every producer has a distinct and sometimes signature sound. Dre has very minimalist drums, DJ Quik with the funkiness, Dilla with the live percussions, etc. People are complaining about 9th Wonder's snares but it's more than that. It's a complaint about his distinct style.

(i think he's great, but i can't listen to too much of it for a long time)

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
A LOT OF HIS PRODUCTION IS THE SAME....come on how can u find a difference..???

he might mix his drums to blend with his samples but honestly his kicks snares and hats are all the same and a layered with tambs or what not... its funny... haha

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
do his beats sound wack cuz of the same drums? u know we have gon off topic this was surposed to be about the bogus break up article from that critic

jawanza malik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
9th

9th wonder is not young dude is like 30 yrs old

30's da new 20 twenty homie:). Its funny how you guys love 9th, and he uses FL.
But most of you dudes swear by the MPC. then in the same breath some say he uses the same drum parts. so i don't kno where this thread is goin but., 9th must've did somethin right cuz, we all kno him but he don't kno us. So that should tell us all. WE ALL NEED TO GET OUR ASSES IN THE STUDIO 2 PERFECT OUR CRAFT, SO THAT 1 DAY WE CAN ALL BE
LIKE 9TH AND PRIMO. NOW, GENTLEMEN IF YOU WOULD EXCUSE ME, I GOTTA MAKE SOME HEAT 4 MY CRIB, MY OIL JUS RAN OUT. PEACE Y'ALL

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Let the doors to the church open.... lol

9th wonder is not young dude is like 30 yrs old

30's da new 20 twenty homie:). Its funny how you guys love 9th, and he uses FL.
But most of you dudes swear by the MPC. then in the same breath some say he uses the same drum parts. so i don't kno where this thread is goin but., 9th must've did somethin right cuz, we all kno him but he don't kno us. So that should tell us all. WE ALL NEED TO GET OUR ASSES IN THE STUDIO 2 PERFECT OUR CRAFT, SO THAT 1 DAY WE CAN ALL BE
LIKE 9TH AND PRIMO. NOW, GENTLEMEN IF YOU WOULD EXCUSE ME, I GOTTA MAKE SOME HEAT 4 MY CRIB, MY OIL JUS RAN OUT. PEACE Y'ALL

nuff said.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well... Little Brother won't be the same Little Brother without 9th. That's for sure. The new song they leaked was ok tho IMO.

And I don't blame Pooh and Phonte if they do not want to do the same kind of stuff they used to. Is it for the money or is it for their inspiration or what, but I could relate to the situtaion that they would get sick of 9ths beats. They tend to be very similar overall. Career moves...

EDIT: STILL I THINK 9th WONDER PRODUCES SOME HOT SHIT. Just to make it clear for y'all...

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
A LOT OF HIS PRODUCTION IS THE SAME....come on how can u find a difference..???

he might mix his drums to blend with his samples but honestly his kicks snares and hats are all the same and a layered with tambs or what not... its funny... haha

no there not i heard so much primo in my life and there not the same...maybe u need to take that tone deaf test that wuz posting before

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
no there not i heard so much primo in my life and there not the same...maybe u need to take that tone deaf test that wuz posting before
True dat. I really don't know where the comparing between premo and 9th comes from really? They not doing even nearly same kinda music. Their styles are so different overall. Premos style is much more crispy if you know what I mean. 9th has few plastic sounding sounds included and that is one thing that makes his beats somehow not so PROFESSIONAL. For example take Crooklyn Dodgers joint... the beat is awsome, BUT the kick!! WACK. But again it may be something that we have used to hear from him... if it would've had the same kick that 'Threat' had, it would've been the bomb! Still I think it's cheesy...

EDIT: And you guys who say that premos beats are all the same. Really get ears or something... I don't really do that kinda stuff myself nomore, but still I definately have to say that YOU WRONG! Really, get some new pair of ears...

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well 9th knows me...so

lol

members online