A big no-no!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
A friend of mine, who is a DJ and very popular here in NC came over my house to check me out, when he saw that I had CD Decks set up he asked if he could do a little something on them and I said OK. As he started getting use to the feel of them(vs vinyl), he got more and more comfortable. Then it happened! Before I could even say NOOOOOOO! He stuck his finger in his mouth and put them on my CD DECK!

Now back in the day...DJ's developed this habit of wetting their finger/s to get better traction when scratching vinyl records. The first DJ I ever saw do this was DJ Aladdin from the group Low Profile. He was a phenom on the wheels and being a DJ myself, I totally understood BUT, you never, ever, need to do that on CD Decks. The Platters aren't smooth at all and do not require spit! Especially on someone else's ish!

see number 1 here...lol
https://www.illmuzik.com/articles/editorials/8-things-djs-need-to-stop-doing-in-battles/

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Nope, no need at all. It kinda grossed me out but I cleaned the hell out of it. I just can't get that little line of spit outta my head.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
No, illmuzik has reformed me. I have reverted from my thuggish ways and become a better person since joining ill. Thanks ill! =)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Fucked that, you should have kicked his ass!

Word.... He should have bought you new ones.... GERMS YO...GERMS!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
So do DJs scrub down records before using them?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I've never needed to wet my fingers with spit while scratching (even on vinyl), if that were an issue for me, I think I would just sit a cup of water somewhere near. I've always kinda viewed it more as an attempt to look like you're really doing something...lol. I've seen so many DJ's that can't scratch worth a damn get bonus points for wetting their fingers.

Even still, I always cleaned my records while playing and after I finished. I want my records clean while playing because needles will collect dust and eventually just slide across the record, and the oils, sweat and whatever else you touch, build up on vinyl as well. After a scratch/blend DJ finishes a record, there are fingerprints all over it so yeah, cleaning them is a good thing.

Big Bad Wolf

ill o.g.
Thats just nasty. I used to hate in school when teachers used to pass out papers and would always lick their fingers and then pass em out haha

Soundclick.com/thabigbadwolf

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Thats just nasty. I used to hate in school when teachers used to pass out papers and would always lick their fingers and then pass em out haha

Soundclick.com/thabigbadwolf

roflmao!!!! Or when people wet their fingers to give you money back....

This whole germ phobia is causing us to get sick easier... We're using all kinds of anti-bacterial shit and all it's doing is causing the bacteria and germs to become immune to it...therefore becoming stronger and more dangerous...

I'm not the dude that always uses that antibacterial stuff on my hands.....I do wash my hands after coming out of the bathroom....something about shit just urks me.

I'm seldom sick...(maybe once a year)..and if I am..it's for about 2 days. I eat right and exercise when I can....and that's all you need. Our bodies have to learn to fight these germs on its own. With all the dependency on these lotions and shit, we are just setting ourselves up for even stronger shit.....

members online