A few new pieces in the studio today. Focusrite and ART Voice Channel

Well a LOT of people in the IT industry have an Apple bias for reasons I still don’t understand. Especially Linus. But know solving technology problems is my job too. Sweet water is one of the largest single store Apple retailers in the world so I personally saw it first hand when I worked there. In my current gig I think we have something like 400 iOS devices in the wild and like 40 android and the androids HANDS down give us most of the issue. I started my IT career decades ago at a screwdriver shop where I personally built thousands of windows PC’s so I know both sides pretty well. Have you ever tried to get Microsoft on the phone? Or hp consumer support? Those guys are such a joke no one even bothers so you choose Apple any day over that. When you have Apple care on a product they literally overnight you a replacement at no charge it’s really remarkable. There is a reason the music (and whole entertainment industry) runs on macs. That being said if I was a fl user like you are I would go windows no question. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/apple-tech-support but also behind the scenes windows spies on you and sends data back to Microsoft, (I have seen this with my own eyes when I analyze network traffic with my network guys) they force their edge browser on you when you don’t want it. So I go out of my way to not use Microsoft when I can. Google is even worse. Apple is really a champion of privacy even going so far as telling the FBI no. You of all people should appreciate that.
Apple was a champion of privacy until they gave the unlock codes to the fbi when investigating Snowdon, I think it was. You are right about microsoft though, they are worse when it comes to privacy and spying. When it comes to tech support though, Ive never needed them and always solved problems myself. Since Jobs died, Apple isnt what it used to be. Was always overpriced but they didnt force you to buy addons for basic functionality. Everybody at the studio runs apple. Apple is a staple in music production, no doubt about that.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
They didn’t give the codes to the fbi because they don’t exist that’s what the fight was about. Can we just address how messed up that whole situation is, a patriot like Snowden did an amazing service for the American people and he is now a citizen of Russia and is safer there. AND nothing has changed in fact the spying has gotten worse. It’s weird times. Truthfully that’s one of the main reasons I’m pretty firmly in the Apple camp. Obviously windows works fine and I have done tons of records with windows machines and studio one is pretty remarkable, but I hate being spied on. I wish I could switch to Linux but I don’t want to give up things like kontakt and reason. Who knows man??

They didn’t give the codes to the fbi because they don’t exist that’s what the fight was about. Can we just address how messed up that whole situation is, a patriot like Snowden did an amazing service for the American people and he is now a citizen of Russia and is safer there. AND nothing has changed in fact the spying has gotten worse. It’s weird times. Truthfully that’s one of the main reasons I’m pretty firmly in the Apple camp. Obviously windows works fine and I have done tons of records with windows machines and studio one is pretty remarkable, but I hate being spied on. I wish I could switch to Linux but I don’t want to give up things like kontakt and reason. Who knows man??
Couldnt agree more. Things are only going to get worse

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Reaper is an amazing daw and Harrison mix bus is awesome. But man giving up reason would be a massive blow, so Apple it is because at least they try to keep your privacy and I do love logic but it’s pretty bad across the board for us and Canadian citizens I would think. Fade is their evidence of your government spying on you like the US does?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reaper is an amazing daw and Harrison mix bus is awesome. But man giving up reason would be a massive blow, so Apple it is because at least they try to keep your privacy and I do love logic but it’s pretty bad across the board for us and Canadian citizens I would think. Fade is their evidence of your government spying on you like the US does?
For me it's also not being able to use various plugins. That's what sucks too.

I can't think of any direct evidence in Canada but they are a part of the 5 eyes, so there's that. I would assume up here nobody cares unless you're talking about hockey lol.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade I LOVE hockey. I wish it was bigger out here in the states. My friends son plays on the local team here where I live https://www.lincolnstars.com and its fun to go to the games, but I think thats once step down from NHL right?
There's a few lower leagues, I'm not sure if that one is above/below the AHL, but still it's fun to watch. You must get games from out west like Winnipeg?

members online