A Quesion For Those Who Use More Than 1 Sampler....

TrackKingCole

ill o.g.
Ok I just got the Mpc 500 this past Friday, But I also have the Roland Mc-808... The Roland Mc 808 has great sounds, plus the drums are the best... I also have a Mpc 2500 but im about to sell it... (Trying To Get That Roland Mv 8800)

What im trying to find out is it possible to do my sampling in the Mpc 500, and use the drums and baselines from my Roland Mc 808... If so how do i make this possible ??

Thanks For Your Help

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Ok I just got the Mpc 500 this past Friday, But I also have the Roland Mc-808... The Roland Mc 808 has great sounds, plus the drums are the best... I also have a Mpc 2500 but im about to sell it... (Trying To Get That Roland Mv 8800)

What im trying to find out is it possible to do my sampling in the Mpc 500, and use the drums and baselines from my Roland Mc 808... If so how do i make this possible ??

Thanks For Your Help

wow this is a easy one! just midi em up. try using midi clock, that will sync up the two machines so that your sequences start at the same time.

later,
...ELDIA

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Thanks on the that Eldia...

And do i midi in from the mpc 500 to the mc 808 midi out

either or should work. what ever one that you will be working with the most i would use as the master unit.
midi out to midi in, walla your in biziness. you might have to check the manual to see what kind of settings you might have to change. i have an mpc2000 and all i do is goto(shift 9 - midi/sync) and my setting are there. with my drum machine (roland mc-505) i have to goto (shift 8 seq out) to change the settings to just send start and stop messages, if not all the notes that i play in a specific track will send midi data to the sampler. and i dont want that.
hope this helps,
ELDIA

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey kingcole. Currently I'm running a MV8000 into a RS7000 (no midi, straight audio). What I basically do is chop and sequence my samples in the MV while I do the drums on the RS7000. At the end, If I need to record any of the finalized material I'd do it straight into the 808ex.

If you're gonna get the 8800, you can always record your midi sequences from whatever other sampler you';re using as audio directly in one of the audio tracks. This is pretty useful I think. Lemme know if you got any other questions.